Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD Stop:c00021a Fatal System Error on Dell Inspiron 910

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 zixi

zixi

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:04 AM

When first turning on computer, it starts to load, going to the Windows XP Home screen, then get the

Blue Screen of Death message

Stop:c00021a Fatal System Error

The session manager initialization system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0xc0000034 (0x00000000  0x00000000).  The system has been shut down.

I ran the Dell diagnostics from an external CD player, and it passed all the tests.  Yet, upon reboot, still cant get past this error.

Should I reinstall Windows XP which would erase all my files?   What steps could I do before that as a last resort?

Edited by zixi, 06 January 2014 - 09:17 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:56 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

There are two versions of this error, the 0xc00026c indicates that win32k.sys file is missing.  The other which you have received, 0x000034 means that this file is missing. 

The website Microsoft Community addresses this with a solution to replace the file from the dllcache.  You will need the installation disc to access the Recovery Console to replace the file.

Click on the link above and scroll down to "Most Helpful Reply", the instructions a in this section.

Let us know how it goes.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:07 AM

I tried the suggestions in the link and copying to overwrite the 2 files didnt work.  I ended up reinstalling via repairing Windows XP.  Hit 0 or 2 at startup to change the boot to the external drive.  Then reboot, Hit F5 at startup to load the Repair Windows XP.

Now I get XP to load, but facing a new problem of a circular loop.  After it is loading XP, it goes to the user name selection.. When you select the user name where it says "Welcome", it says "Loading personal settings" then flashes to the desktop screen photo, then immediately "logging off" then "saving your settings" and right back to the "Welcome" screen.  The only options are in the lower left "Turn off Dell" or to select the user name in the middle..  in the lower right, it says "After you log on, you can add or change accounts.  Just go to control panel and click User Accounts."  

So now its stuck in that new loop.  What to try next?

#4 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

Im going to post my new problem in a new thread.

Mod Edit:  Merged topics - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 09 January 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#5 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:12 AM

I get XP to load, but facing a circular loop.  After it is loading XP, it goes to the user name selection.. When you select the user name where it says "Welcome", it says "Loading personal settings" then flashes to the desktop screen photo, then immediately "logging off" then "saving your settings" and right back to the "Welcome" screen.  The only options are in the lower left "Turn off Dell" or to select the user name in the middle..  in the lower right, it says "After you log on, you can add or change accounts.  Just go to control panel and click User Accounts."

I recently had a Fatal System Error where I was getting the BSOD, so did a windows repair, so now getting the above problem.

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:15 AM

Immediately after pressing the power button start tapping the F8 key.  Use the up or down key to navigate to Safe Mode and click on Disable auto start on error.

The auto restart is keeping the computer from displaying a BSOD, stopping the auto restart will allow the BSOD to appear.

Edited by dc3, 09 January 2014 - 10:16 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#7 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:03 PM

I click "Disable auto start on error." then it loads XP, brings up the UserName and does the same circular loop as before, presenting the Windows Logon Screen but when you click the UserName is goes though same Loading, Logging Off, Saving and back to the UserName to click on as the only option.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 12:23 PM

Can you boot into Safe Mode?

#9 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:24 PM

Yes I go into SafeMode and choose that option.  Then it fills the screen with

multi(0))disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS.....etc

stays there 10 secs, then loads Windows XP.

However, this time, it not only gives the UserName option as a logon, but also Administrator.

Still, when click Administrator, it says "Loading your Personal Settings..." stays there about 1 min

then logging off, saving your settings, etc

so still stuck in a circle, but this time with the choices of the UserName and Admin

Edited by zixi, 09 January 2014 - 01:25 PM.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:56 PM

Do you have the installation disc for XP?

#11 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:22 PM

yes i have the xp install disk

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 02:23 PM

Boot the computer from the XP CD. You may need to change boot order in the BIOS so that the CD-ROM is the first device in the boot order.

When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below.  

This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER
You do not want to choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press  R.

Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.   If Repair isn't one of the option end the installation, this will mean that you will need to do a fresh installation of XP.

The repair will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot, the repair installation will continue after the reboot.  

#13 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:55 PM

Did the repair again, although I had already done it 2 days ago.  When finished, it auto-rebooted and gave this error:

Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low

Your system is low on virtual memory.  Windows is increasing the size of your virtual memory paging file.  During this process, memory requests for some applications may be denied.  For more info, see help.

Then I hit OK. 

Has the Windows XP logo over black screen with the "Please wait..." and eggtimer sitting for over 30 minutes, like its jammed.

#14 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,460 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Boot into Safe Mode with Networking and do the following.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When the  FileHippo website opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

#15 zixi

zixi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:09 AM

Safe mode with networking loads the Windows XP logon sceen where my only 2 choices are to logon to UserName or Administrator or to Turn off Computer.   I downloaded Speccy to my good computer but how to get it on the bad one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users