Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

boot critical file c\windows\system32\drivers\ksedd.sys

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ~ JJ ~

~ JJ ~

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:32 AM

Laptop - Dell Inspiron 1525 

Windows Vista

Been getting this message on failed start up repair since yesterday. System restore runs and says its completed successfully but then it just boots up doing the system repair again. I can't even get into the computer via safe mode (to see if there are any files on there that I really need)

Is there anyway to get into the computer to get my files that I might need off or fix this problem? 

Someone told me that I'd need the Windows DVD version of my version of Windows to fix this and a repair install doing? I have no idea what that means and the only DVD I have is a recovery one I made via the laptop a month or so ago, which someone told me if I use could wipe all my data and I really don't want that to happen. 

1525061_623396157709872_2142061568_n_zps

Thank you for reading. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:08 PM

Try performing a repair installation.  This will require the installation disc, if you do not have one you can download a ISO image and burn it to a disc to create one in the instruction as Window Vista Forums.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users