Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

keyboard not working after install ms office. driver problem

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 gotsaed

gotsaed

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:01 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:01 AM

the keyboard and pc are Medion,delivered together, only a month old and it worked fine untill ms office install. I have already downloaded driver from Medion ,plus udate driver from MS.: win8 answers- driver deactivated - another driver is installed now - the best driver installed. I tried to put the old driver back but it is now unreadable/currupt even though I dowloaded new one. 

I get this answer in device manager:

Windows can not start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

PLEASE HELP i'm really tired of using monitor keyboard.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:05 PM

The error code 19 in the Device Manager is specific to the CD/DVD-ROM.  Try uninstalling the drivers, then restart the computer.  A new native driver will be installed.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 gotsaed

gotsaed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:58 AM

Hi there I tried your suggestion - no go. the OS is Win 8, all new pc's are sold with it here. Your name Arachibutyrophobia gives me fond memories of afterschool sandwiches in the kitchen :thumbup2:
there is a HID-keyboard device driver - configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
there is a HID-compatible device driver - this is the one installed with ms office apparently
if i update/deactivate or remove - i get  HID-compatible device driver (it comes in as the native)
if i choose the HID-keyboard device driver after removal - configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)
always back to start sad.gif  I tried downloading from Medion that didnt help. Is there someway I can identify the "culprit" and remove it before installing a good one. Or would an update to 8.1 fix my problem?

PLEASE HELP i'm really tired of using monitor keyboard.
modify_inline.gif

Edited by gotsaed, 07 January 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 10:39 AM

Try doing a System Restore.  Just a restore point prior to the Microsoft Office installation.

You can find instructions for the here at Bleeping Computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 gotsaed

gotsaed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 06:51 AM

I tried but the pc and system is new an there is no restore point earlier. The only alternative is to do a  complete recovery and would involve intalling all my programs once more and maybe losing a few. 

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 10:43 AM

Everything I've found points to the error 19 being related to hardware, all of the topics I've read are related to the optical drive.  It can be related to software such as the Registry.  This error specifically mentions the Device Manager and the Registry.  This is a real problem in that area, it may just be coincidental that it happened after installing Office.

Type regedit in the Search box.  The User Account Control will ask you to authorize access by clicking Continue.  The Registry will open with all five of its sections showing.

Follow the path below and click on {4D36E965-11C3-BFC1-08002BE10318}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

The right pane will become populated, look in the column titled Name for Upper Filters and Lower Filters.

If either or both are there right click on one Delete, you will be prompted to confirm the decision, click on Yes.

If both of these are there, repeat the previous steps to delete it.

Exit the Registry and restart your computer.

#7 gotsaed

gotsaed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:39 PM

I came as far as 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} then came in the right pane - 3 collums           : name -              class -           type 

there is a little flag with letters ab        standard            REG_SZ         value not defined

class                   REG_SZ          cd-rom  

classdesc            REG_SZ           &%systemroot%\system32\StorProp.dll-17001

EnumPropPages      REG_SZ           StorProp.dll DvdPropPageDevider

Iconpath        REGMultiSZ   %systemroot%\system32\Imageres.dll,-30

noinstallclass       REG_SZ            1

silentinstall           REG_SZ            1

where do i go from here? 

Edited by gotsaed, 08 January 2014 - 01:09 PM.

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:47 PM

Go to the Device Manager, click on DVD/CD-ROM, double click on your optical drive, click on the Driver tab, uninstall the driver.

Restart the computer, the Install Wizard will recognize the drive as new hardware and will assign a new driver to it.

#9 gotsaed

gotsaed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

I uninstalled the driver and restarted - no change 

I looked in devicemanager after restart -now there's no hid-device with yellow badge - no keyboard  

I tried pulling the usb cord and then connecting after another restart - that didn't help either 

Edited by gotsaed, 08 January 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,391 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

the keyboard and pc are Medion,delivered together, only a month old and it worked fine untill ms office install. I have already downloaded driver from Medion 

What driver did you download and from where?

#11 gotsaed

gotsaed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:32 PM

CHIPSET DRIVER ATI A78
Version: 12.101 - Win 8 32bit/Win 8 64bit----it was the only possibility, the others were lan and audio.  Medion.de is the german manufacturer of my pc.I went to their supportsite the download was after the breakdown anyway it didn't work and was removed again.

just a thought - there is a folder in recover on the d-drive (backup) with drivers - could it be that when the Install Wizard  recognizes the drive as new hardware it assigns the new driver from this folder?

Edited by gotsaed, 09 January 2014 - 05:03 PM.

#12 gotsaed

gotsaed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 23 January 2014 - 05:33 PM

I finally gave up and did a  complete recovery  its working now but i haven't installed office yet 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users