Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Best or recommended VPN services?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 cornflakes2

cornflakes2

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 01:39 AM

I've currently been using a VPN service (privatetunnel) the past year since I'm working overseas and often have access issues to north america with my non-north american ip.  It's been a really good one but I'm just curious if anyone can recommend any other VPNs they think are really good?  

I'm looking for something in the minimum 2Mbps to 5 Mbps, $40 ish per year range or so.  Which ones have the best privacy policies?  I like the idea of some services that use SHARED IPs (difficult to trace, but it also has it's drawbacks i guess cuz some ppl will get that IP banned for doing whatever and then the rest of us can't access it).   

I was thinking of privateinternetaccess but undecided still as to who I should sign up with?  I'm at the time to renew my contract/buy more data usage with current vpn or look around for a better one?

Thanks for any recommendations.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Birdseed

Birdseed

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

My husband is in the FS and heading to Pakistan shortly.  We've been researching the VPN thing quite a bit lately.  The one that has come most highly recommended is StrongVPN.  If you only want to hook up one machine, you can do that.  But if you want to use wifi with multiple devices and still have a US IP and the security that goes with it, they offer a router as well.  Pricing varies.  But that's what we're going with based on recommendations from others who are posted all over the world.

#3 cornflakes2

cornflakes2
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 05:46 AM

Thanks, what about paying for subscription with bitcoins so that there's no trace to a real billing address?  I heard that bitcoins is an anonymous payment?  Some VPNs, that say they dont store logs or whatnot may actually still do and if a court order is issued can try to trace you by divulging your identity from the payment u made (ie. if u use cc or paypal with all ur read billing address/info on there).  Does bitcoins resolve that issue?  

#4 sajidali27

sajidali27

• Members
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 02 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

Its an old post but if you still want recommendation then try IPVanish, PureVPN, Ironsocket, ibVPN, HMA 

#5 Rose Ab

Rose Ab

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 19 September 2014 - 04:21 AM

Nowadays there are many reliable VPN provider in industry so in order to find the best one, go online and check out the reviews for different VPN services. Make a comparison of the features, costs, security, speed, bandwidth, server location and connectivity protocol. By doing your research beforehand, you can narrow down your options to two or three VPN service providers before making a final decision.
I personally subscribed to PureVPN as it compatible with many devives include blackberry, however you can find many similar ones on google.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users