Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Chrome known conflicts with OS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bill_in_Texas

Bill_in_Texas

• Members
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:38 PM

I've had several threads in the Win 7 forum concerning freezing, BSOD, and black screen on a newly built system.  I've been through a number of things trying to figure this out and replaced hardware thinking this might be the problem.  I'm finally returning the mobo and replacing it.  With this background stated I wanted to ask if anyone knows of any conflicts between Chrome and Win 7.  The reason I ask is I had in the back of my mind that I had seen reference to this but didn't give it much thought.  Yesterday I downloaded and began using Firefox again.  I have not had a single freeze or any other interuptions on the machine today.  I never started Chrome today after powering up.  I started using Chrome about three years ago and it's my preferred browser but this may change that and send me back to Firefox if the machine continues to run properly.  Any shared knowledge on this subject would be appreciated.

I have searched topics on this around the web and can't find any reference to this specific problem. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:01 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 12:00 AM

Hello -

Google >> Internet Explorer Vs Google Chrome Vs Firefox ......

The topic is / has been well discussed in many areas.

The opinions vary depending on the reviewer, and naturally Versions.

Based purely on these editions and the opinion of 1 reviewer from PC Mag

Browser Wars: Chrome vs. IE11 vs. Firefox | PCMag.com Dec 18, 2013

Chrome 31 - Read the full review ››
Firefox 26 - Read the full review ››
Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) - Read the full review ››
Maxthon 4 - Read the full review ››
Opera 18 - Read the full review ››

Note that this assumes that you have a current machine and all programs are fully updated (including the Browser Version) -

(Personally Only) I prefer Internet Explorer with ORCA (Avant) browser as back-up.

Thank You -

Edited Top Line only -

Edited by noknojon, 06 January 2014 - 12:02 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users