Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Tunes can't get to I Tune store on computer running XP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brandage

Brandage

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:55 PM

I downloaded I Tunes to an older HP desktop that is running XP with service pack 3.  There's plenty of free space on the hard drive, and there is 1 meg of RAM.  The .exe program installed the program with no error messages.  I connected an iPad to the computer with a cable to a USB port on the control panel.  When I tried to upgrade to iOS 7, I got an error message saying that the computer was not connected to the internet.  I found and ran a diagnostic which showed that the internet connection was active and that iTunes had made the connection, but that it was not possible to establish a secure link to the I Tunes store.  How can I get this last step of the connection done?   Thanks much.  

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Felipe2237

Felipe2237

• Members
  • 353 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:49 PM

1 MB of ram probably is not enough to run iTunes. Or anything.

I hate to say, but have you considered a new system? Your computer sounds very outdated, and in 3 months, you will become one of the most prime targets for hackers globally. XP support and security updates end on April 8th.

Unofficial iOS Genius

#3 LilBambi

LilBambi

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 AM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Yes, agree Felipe. Sad but true.

However, there may be another stumbling block as well.

Brandage, you haven't mentioned what version of iTunes that you have installed on your Windows XP.

You should be at iTunes 11.1 (not 11.0.5).

iOS7 upgrade - apple discussion

Bambi
AKA Fran
My Public Key for Email :: BambisMusings Blog
"The Net interprets censorship as damage and routes around it." ~John Gilmore (Time Magazine, Dec 6, 1993)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users