Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no wireless connection

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 johnpsyc

johnpsyc

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

I have an older HP zv6000 running Windows XP SP3.

Prior to being away for a few days both a wired and wireless connection worked fine. Coming back, neither works at all. When I ask to view or refresh wireless networks, nothing happens. The window does not change at all (as if I didn't click on it at all).

I tried uninstalling the adapter and restarting, but it didn't work. 

The modem and router work; I am sending this on another computer connected wireless.

Any ideas on how to get the wireless back on?

Thanks.

John

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Roodo

Roodo

• Members
  • 760 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:53 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:19 PM

How about trying the radio button? Look for the button on the top of the computer's keyboard that has an icon of an antenna with signal waves around it. If the light on the key is not illuminated, press the button briefly once so it lights up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users