Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HELP!!! MWB and Kasp can not complete Scan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 beachbum1426

beachbum1426

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Everytime i try to scan I get the BSOD.  I know this laptop is infected.  But it wont let me do anything.  Locks up and Gives me BSOD when I try to do any kind of maintenance.. Weird thing I got BSOD when I tried to access the "services" tab in the TASK manager.

Suggestions..  ??? besides boat anchor.

Steve

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 beachbum1426

beachbum1426
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:08 PM

Everytime i try to scan I get the BSOD.  I know this laptop is infected.  But it wont let me do anything.  Locks up and Gives me BSOD when I try to do any kind of maintenance.. Weird thing I got BSOD when I tried to access the "services" tab in the TASK manager.

Suggestions..  ??? besides boat anchor.

Steve

OOPS SORRY... VISTA

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,573 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:49 PM

Hello try running this first or try from Safe Mode or select Safe with Networking if you need to download.

Please download Rkill by Grinler and save it to your desktop.
  • Link 1
  • Link 2
    • Double-click on the Rkill desktop icon to run the tool.
    • If using Vista, right-click on it and Run As Administrator.
    • A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear. This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
    • If not, delete the file, then download and use the one provided in Link 2.
    • If it does not work, repeat the process and attempt to use one of the remaining links until the tool runs.
    • If the tool does not run from any of the links provided, please let me know.
  • Do not reboot the computer, you will need to run the application again.
Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users