Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video Card Problem??

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 dcboss

dcboss

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:54 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:26 PM

I'm running xp media center with Nvidea geforce 7300. Have never had any problems with this 5 yr old computer. Recently I have display problems as seen in attached screen capture. I have switched monitors, cables, etc. Have updated the driver and loaded it. Doesn't matter if I set color quality to 32 or 16 bit. Does somebody think my video card might need replacing or does some other fix come to mind?  This screen shot is at its worse - sometimes only has a few pink marks here and there often in the shape of an excel spread sheet "cell" with squiggly marks inside.  The pink marks can come and go as I scroll up and down with my mouse wheel. Probably not important but I did use to have  excel type spread sheets open for 3 hrs at a time that dynamically changed values with stock prices, etc.  thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Problem_Solver

Problem_Solver

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:40 PM

dcboss,

My computer isn't loading the screenshot.

5 years is a good lifetime for a video card. Can you replace the video card? If the computer were in my repair shop, I would try a different video card in addition to your troubleshooting steps.

#3 dcboss

dcboss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

I did attach a jpg but it seems to have not shown up with my post - any suggestions what I might have done wrong?

#4 Problem_Solver

Problem_Solver

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:53 PM

No sir, I hope another member can be helpful with that.

I'm going to attempt to load a screenshot - see if I can get it working. I clicked the image button above the post editor. It appears as if images are posted to this forum through its url.

Where is your image hosted? I used postimg.org

image.png

#5 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,178 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Upload the pictures to a hosting site and copy and paste the bulletin board code into your post.  http://imgur.com is pretty good.

I've had a few video cards fail and early signs are normally screen distortions, "sparklies", areas of the screen not redrawing etc.  The last one I had that failed like this (an Nvidia 9800GT) started off with blocks of the screen failing to redraw but in a few days was locking up the system.  It was obviously not a driver problem as I was getting screen distortions in startup screens and in the BIOS before any driver is loaded.

7sbvuf-6.png

#6 dcboss

dcboss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

thanks to those that have replied I have put the screen shot at link

Edited by dcboss, 05 January 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#7 dcboss

dcboss
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:43 PM

thanks to those that have replied I have put the screen shot at link

sorry but I don't understand why my post is being cut off before the link????

#8 Problem_Solver

Problem_Solver

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:09 PM

Are you typing the link in the prompt that appears after clicking the image button? In my image, I have circled the image button in red.

If you are just pasting the link into your post, then I have a hunch you're getting filtered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users