Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I bought more than I will ever chew on!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,051 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:07 AM

Was cruising Ebay looking for a modest replacement machine something new with a warranty, was going to build another but at 73 getting lazy.  Was watching 5 various ones, doing a last minute check fell upon a tempting used one, threw a last 20 second bid in and much to my surprise won this!  $490.00 to my door very sweet deal.  I will more than likely clock it back to stock, though it will never get worked hard well unless the grand kids get to game on it.

COUGAR SolutionRSB400 tower 400 watt supply

Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH-CF  board

Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz over-clocked @ 4.66 MHz

16 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 SDRAM PC3-12800

64 Gig ADATA SX900 SSD

120 Gig INTEL SS DSC2CT120A3 SSD

ASUS DRW-24B1ST

Win7 Home COA and disk

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:20 AM

I take it this PC isn't for gaming as there is no dedicated GPU in it?  This PC would make a great general home office computer.

3939.png

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,051 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:51 AM

It will not do much if any gaming maybe my grand son, graphics are suppose to be excellent out of the box according to reviews.  It has 2gig dedicated to the on board, none of the cards I have more than 1 gig so I doubt any change for now.

#4 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,051 posts
  •  

Posted 14 January 2014 - 03:44 PM

The machine showed up yesterday, unpacked it it looked like it was just assembled absolutely mint.  Gave the innards a good checking over today hooked it up it fired off perfect, it was clocked @ 4493 and running temps near 160F.  Shut it down and cleared the bios, now running @3600 and 114F.  Boots in under a minute with just the OS I am sure it will slow a bit when loaded up, super happy at this point.  It probably thinks it was put out to pasture, doubt it will ever work hard now.

Phil

#5 defanged

defanged

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:36 AM

congrats!

SETUP, as of 4/14 - Case: Corsair 900D full tower, PSU: corsair 1200 watts, MB: ASUS rampage IV extreme, GPU(s): 3 X Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 hydro copper classified in 3-way SLI , RAM: 64 GB corsair dominator platinum DDR3, CPU: i7 3970X extreme edition @ 3.5 GHz (hexacore), OD: ASUS blu-ray RW, Cooling: EK liquid system, incl. EK waterblock, EK fittings, EK pump, resevoir, coolant misc., generic tubing, Audio: Creative sound blaster Recon3D THX PCIE Fatal1ty Champion sound card, Storage: SSD/HD: 2 X 240 GB samsung SSD (OS - win 7 pro), 1 TB caviar black, 4 TB caviar blue.

#6 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,051 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Pretty much done setting it up, I followed all the tips for SSD's ended up with a 27 second full boot.  Davnel boots even quicker, have to find what other tweaks he did.

Phil

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users