Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Terrible Virus. Many different blue-screens. tortured

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 TheAlien

TheAlien

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:07 AM

Attached File  attach.txt   18.53KB   0 downloadsI have tried just about anything from mal-ware bytes to tdsskiller.  Kaspersky, MSE, Spybot, HitmanPro, and the list continues.  I did multiple Disk checks, etc, everything I could aside from using combofix.  Including Adwcleaner. I finally think I am fixed, fixed a disk error.  Here I am playing some guild wars and boom, slowly starts to bug out, audio went first, I can still play guild wars, etc, suddenly. blue screen.  Ive seen many and haven't taken much note of them.  Ive had some checksum corruption errors on boot.  The latest blue screen was BAD_POOL_HEADER.  I then sought out help from Microsoft because there is an update that refuses to say its installed, even when it is. its quite annoying and I figured it had to be related one way or another.  So he runs a deep diagnostics remotely and tells me there are problems in the background and that he can temporarily fix, but will return.  He informs me I can purchase something that will permanently fix this problem.  After the holidays, my anniversary and my fiancés birthday coming up, im pretty tight on money.  Im sure she wouldn't care too much, but I want every penny I can spend on her.  Something strange happened though.  He was a good rep, but unfortunately, after he edited msconfig and finished his temporary repair, and unchecked everything but the remote access thing he had, but it failed to reconnected. I'm not trying to insinuate too much that he was doing anything suspicious, but it kind of sketched me out so I did a system restore to when I finally got my computer running.  Also, before I did the restore, I went to enable all the of start up programs I had and stuff, but I didn't see the one he left checked.  That's pretty much why I restored.

but, yeah. 

My computer started malfunctioning on a large-scale level after I got a few recommend programs.  The first thing I noticed is search.conduit and then the crashes, etc.  I managed to fix that, which was a nightmare, but crashes still occur indicated a problem exists, along with the windows update problem.  The technician told me that even a system restore wouldn't permanently fix this problem.  Sad days and now I am here. I've read several posts here regarding various mal-ware related problems and I see that most of them get fixed or solved. 

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sean

Edited by TheAlien, 05 January 2014 - 05:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TheAlien

TheAlien
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 08 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

i am receiving help elsewhere.  Sorry for any inconvenience this may have created.

#3 nasdaq

nasdaq

• Malware Response Team
  • 38,978 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 PM

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:18 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users