Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows xp trying to restart then flash of blue screen then back to windows boot

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 gasman336

gasman336

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:04 AM

Help!!!

I have a desktop that last night I clicked on superantispyware to run and do a check and woke up this morning to monitor flashing. The flashing was the "windows did not start properly" I picked safe mode. Safe mode tried to start then flash of blue screen of death then back to "windows did not start properly" again, tried picking everything I could in that screen and it is just stuck in a loop. 

Now what are my options? I have a window xp service pack 2 installation disk.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:14 AM

okay did a little research. I placed the xp installation disk in the cd drive and restarted the system and it did not boot up the disk. Restarted again and changed the boot start to cd rom and windows set-up screen came up. Hit the space bar to continue and the following happened.

Bluescreen came up ACPI.SYS corrupted.

Retried and then got the message ACPI.SYS corrupted in the xp window set up.

So I'll just wait to hear from one of you on this. 

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=662628

Louis

#4 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:38 PM

I am lost on your reply. How should I proceed?

#5 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:01 PM

I wanted to add to this posting some more information

Tried again at rebooting system with the windows xp installation disk. Blue screen came up with the following again.See below

Stop:0x0000007E (0X0000005, 0XF7422ABD, 0XF8D24CO,0XF78D21BC)

SETUPDD.SYS ADDRESS F7422A8D BASE AT F73ED000    DATE STAMO 48025277

#6 MissLizz

MissLizz

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

Gasman336

Click on Louis's http link.  When there, scroll down to Shrude's post, read that, and then next down to
Silver Platinum's reply.  I think this is your answer.

#7 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:48 PM

Okay I read that I should try another XP CD which I do not have at all. 

I remembered that I had a old 900 mhz p3 in the shop. Went to start that and that windows xp came up as a possible counterfeit software. Looks like I am going to have to buy a new desktop and run Windows 7.

I am glad I have my laptop which at this point seems to be working fine.  

#8 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:44 AM

So let understand this, if I get another windows xp disk it should hopefully correct my problem?

#9 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:01 PM

Nothing is guaranteed.

The link reflected a person with a similar error and the possible steps that were suggested...that might overcome the problem.  And it might not.  Suggestions are offered as things to try...not as sure-fire cures of any sort.

Louis

#10 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:21 PM

Okay this is what I did. I flip flopped the ram in two different slots. Doing this allowed my current OEM Windows XP CD to start -up. I ran CHKDSK /P C: and ran into some volume errors so I ran CHKDSK /R C: this came up with no errors. I re ran CHKDSK /P C: and came up with no errors. I rebooted and the desktop and went right into the safe mode, safe mode with networking, start windows normally. When it does another screen pops up and says:

Floppy diskette seek failure

Strike the F1 key to continue, F2 to run the set-up utility

What other steps if any should I be taking next?

#11 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

Are you saying that the system now boots normally...into safe mode and normal mode?  If so, then...what other issues do you have?

If you have a floppy set in your BIOS boot options...set the first boot option to the hard drive, with the optical drive second.

Louis

#12 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 07:06 AM

Two days ago the the system would not even boot up, it was stuck in the Windows Advance Option Menu. It would retry rebooting in normal mode then the blue screen came up and then jump back to the Windows Advance Option Menu again. I do have a OEM Windows XP service pk 2 disk.

I went into the bios and tried booting the OEM Windows XP disk and the system gave me a ACPI.SYS error and would not run the OEM Windows XP disk at all.

Yesterday I took out the motherboard battery and left it out for about 10 mins. then re-installed it, Restarted the system same issue, Went right back to the Windows Advance Option Menu tried to start in safe mode, it went right back to the bluescreen.

I shut the system down, removed the power cord to the tower and rearranged the RAM into different slot and restarted the system. Once the system came up it was back in the Windows Advance Option Menu screen.

I then inserted the OEM Windows XP CD and tried booting from that disk to try to see if I could do a repair. Now the OEM Windows CD was working and gave me two options repair or install. I chose the repair.

First thing I did was a fixboot then I did a CHKDSK /P C: this came up with some volume errors so after a little reading I performed a CHKDSK /R C: and it took about an hour and it came up with no errors. I then ran CHKDSK /P C: again it came back with no errors.

I exited the boot disk and tried restarting from the hard drive. First thing to pop up on the screen was the Windows Advance Option Menu screen, I chose safe mode. You could see that it was trying to load up in safe mode then right back to the Windows Advance Option screen.

This is where I am and holding for some ideas.

Thank you. 

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 05:35 PM

Follow the instructions in the Guide linked below...then run the long/extended diagnostic test..

Guide, SeaTools For DOS - http://www.seagate.com/support/seatools/SeaToolsDOSguide.pdf

SeaTools for DOS Download - http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/consumer-electronics/ld25-series/seatools-dos-master/

Louis

#14 gasman336

gasman336
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:50 AM

Louis,

It worked!!! I have my windows back in normal mode. I do not know what happened but the desktop is alive again. Thank you very much for all your help. Is there anything else I should do to avoid this issue again?

#15 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 09 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Please...tell us exactly what you did, step by step...and what makes you think that your problems are over?  The diagnostic does not/cannot...repair anything...which means that any seeming impreovedment...is probably an illusion that will vanish shortly.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users