Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

java on RT: possible, or improbable?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ben79k

ben79k

• Members
  • 92 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 PM

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:32 PM

Hey, i have been using my surface 2 very heavily since i purchased it, but i always find myself having to RDP into my desktop to run the odd java app.

I understand that java is a dying standard, however, it isnt gone yet. Im also quite aware that surface is an ARM based machine and can only run software signed by microsoft, but, lets assume that limitation is off. Would it be feasible to recompile jre for arm in windows? This would be quite the project i assume, but i would be willing. 

Main Rig: FX4100@4.2Ghz, 16GB DDR3 1866, ASUS M5A99X EVO, 2x Radeon 6870, 128GB Vertex4 SSD, 1TB HDD, Thermaltake Chaser MK-2

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 AM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:21 PM

I understand that java is a dying standard, however, it isnt gone yet.

You may have misunderstood. The Java language is fine:

http://adambard.com/blog/top-github-languages-for-2013-so-far/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users