Hello and Welcome -
I hope that you currently have access to the computer.
Download Screen317 Security Check and save it to your Desktop.
* Double-click SecurityCheck.exe
* Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
* A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt
* Please post the contents of that document.
Note:: If a security program requests permission to access the Internet, allow it to do so.
Please download and run RKill by Grinler. A black DOS box will briefly flash and then disappear.
This is normal and indicates the tool ran successfully.
At worst the tool will run for about 2 minutes
Important: Do not reboot your computer until you complete the next step.
* Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
* Double-click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
* Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
* Click on the Scan button (only once)
* AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
* After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open for review.
* NOW - Click on the Clean button (only once)
* Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
* Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
* After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S0].txt) will open automatically.
** Note - Only post the AdwCleaner[S0].txt -
* Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.
* A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free (aka MBAM): to your desktop.
- Do not accept the Free Trial Version at this time -
* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
* Post the log back here.
Be sure to restart the computer if requested.
The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
Or at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt
I would like you to use the ESET OnlineScanner -
This is best done with Internet Explorer, as it uses ActineX with the scan
How-ever alternate directions are left for thise that will not use Internet Explorer
Please read and follow How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus during this scan.
1 / Hold down Control (Ctrl) key and click on This Link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
2 / Click the ESETOnliner Scanner button.
3 / For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
3.1 - / Click on This Link to download theExternal ESET Smart Installer.
3.2 - / Save it to your desktop.
4 / Double click on the icon on your desktop.
5 / Click the Start button.
6 / Accept any security warnings from your browser.
7 / Under scan settings, check "Scan Archives" and "Remove found threats"
8 / Click Advanced settings and select the following:
* Scan potentially unwanted applications
* Scan for potentially unsafe applications
* Enable Anti-Stealth technology
9 / ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this will take some time.
10 / When the scan completes, click List Threats
11 / Click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
12 / Click the Back button.
13 / Click the Finish button.
NOTE:Sometimes if ESET finds no infections it will not create a log.
Clear Cache / Temp Files
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
• Please double-click TFC.exe to run it.
• For Vista, Win 7 / 8 right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
• It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
• Click the Start button to begin the process.
• Once it's finished it may reboot your machine.
• If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.
It will not produce a log, and none is needed -
Thank You -