Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Battery is not holding charge

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 04 January 2014 - 04:16 AM

Toshiba Satellite L655-11N

the computer detects the battery but I tried most of the suggested solutions and none of them work for me

The battery doesn't charge even if I leave it connected for long time

Please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:05 AM

How old is the battery?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:35 PM

How old is the battery?

two years and half !

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I would invest in another battery.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:15 PM

I would invest in another battery.

are the ones they sell on eBay good or not

#6 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,710 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:03 PM

If would depend on who the seller is and what they are selling.

Your battery is a 6 cell Lithium ion battery, 10.8V @ 4400 to 5600 mAh for $29.45, shipping is free.

The only one I saw at eBay was  a 6 cell Lithium ion battery, 10.8V @ 5600 mAh for $29.45, shipping is free.

Newegg has a 6 cell Lithium ion battery, 10.8V @ 4400 mAh for $18.63 plus $6.99 shipping. 

mAh is mili amp hour, the higher the figure the longer the battery will stay charged.

#7 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 04:04 PM

They could be good or they could be garbage. That is the risk buying from someone else besides the manufacturer. I also believe that You get what You pay for.

You can save some or a lot of money buying on eBay however there is a risk. I suspect that a Genuine Toshiba Battery would be expensive.

You could check here on Toshiba to see what they are selling for. Then check eBay for comparison.

They seem to be cheap enough on Amazon and I suspect that if they are bought where it shows fulfilled by amazon any return would be easy. I only Buy on Amazon where they do the fulfillment themselves FWIW.

Good Luck

Roger

Edited by rotor123, 05 January 2014 - 04:05 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#8 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 03:37 AM

Please tell me which one of these three is good

first

second

third

#9 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:58 PM

Personal Opinion Is that I would go with the Toshiba Battery with one caveat.

I'd want to know how old is it. They can go bad from being too old as I understand it.

Some things I would have no problem buying NOS (New Old Stock) items. Some things I do. I have seen some things such as Motherboards that were never used go bad. When Buying Batteries rechargeable or Non Rechargeable I want as new as possible.

The question is What price does Toshiba charge for the same battery?

Good Luck

Roger

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#10 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

I believe one hundred something !

I really don't care about is it good or bad all I want is to make sure that the laptop doesn't shut down when I unplug the power cable

#11 PanickyD

PanickyD

• Members
  • 343 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 11:56 PM

Whichever battery you end up buying (I prefer Newegg) make sure you maintain it properly.

You'll get the longest life from a Li-Ion battery if you never discharge it below 10% and never charge it above 90%.

I know, easier said than done, but if you try your best to stick to that plan, you should be able to use your next battery for years and years.

After the game, the King and the Pawn go into the same box...

#12 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 AM

Posted 09 January 2014 - 09:15 PM

This is what i do and i has saved many a batetry doing this. Put the battery in a plasic bag and make it air tight and put it in the freezer, after 3 hours take it out and let it thaw out and make sure there is no moisture on the batter before placing it back in the laptop (Air cool for an hour or two). Turn it on and see if it charges now.

#13 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:44 PM

That is interesting, I never heard of freezing a laptop battery before, Then After the mention here I looked on Google and it is there.

Thank You for the Tip

Roger

Edited by hamluis, 21 January 2014 - 01:18 PM.
Inserted missing letter - Hamluis.

167 @ June 2015

#14 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

Whichever battery you end up buying (I prefer Newegg) make sure you maintain it properly.

You'll get the longest life from a Li-Ion battery if you never discharge it below 10% and never charge it above 90%.

I know, easier said than done, but if you try your best to stick to that plan, you should be able to use your next battery for years and years.

Newegg store doesn't offer this particular battery

#15 fadi-sheikh

fadi-sheikh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2014 - 08:48 PM

This is what i do and i has saved many a batetry doing this. Put the battery in a plasic bag and make it air tight and put it in the freezer, after 3 hours take it out and let it thaw out and make sure there is no moisture on the batter before placing it back in the laptop (Air cool for an hour or two). Turn it on and see if it charges now.

didn't work I think the battery is died

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users