Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Msn Messenger Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mndpd

mndpd

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 06:49 PM

Sorry, for the repetition. I think i posted this in the wrong forum before, i'm new here.
So here it is again, in what I think is probably the appropriate place.
thanks

Hi, can anybody who knows a lot about msn messenger help me out?

I went to sign into my older version of msn messenger yesterday and it said i couldn't without downloading the latest version - so I did. but when i sign in it tells me it can't connect and gives me an error number 80072efd. I went and "contacted them" and they sent me an email with instructions on checking the internet options - connections - advanced settings- proxy. Nothing has helped.

I've downloaded and erased it from my comp a couple of times and rebooted.

I dont believe i have any firewall. but if i did is there any way to check why msn is being blocked

Do you have any advice?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Eagle7

Eagle7

• Members
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hi there,

I googled your MSN Messenger error number. There's several hits on this. You might check it out. Here's one link to the page that explains how to fix the problem. Maybe it's different from the one you've already tried. Good luck.

http://messenger.msn.com/Help/#LQ4

#3 graveangel

graveangel

• Members
  • 399 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:15 PM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 10:41 PM

If you can't sign in to MSN Messenger, the connection settings in MSN Messenger might be preventing you from connecting to the Microsoft® .NET Passport or Microsoft® .NET Messenger Service. The MSN Messenger Connection Troubleshooter can often find and fix these problems. The Connection Troubleshooter starts automatically if MSN Messenger encounters a connection problem. If you choose not to use the Connection Troubleshooter, or it does not solve your connection problem, try the following:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Options.
2. In the left pane, click Connection.
3. Under Connection Settings, click Test Connection.

If you agree to allow the Connection Troubleshooter to examine your system, it will test for connection problems and report steps you can take to correct them.
4. Optional: Perform advanced troubleshooting

To troubleshoot your specific type of connection, click Advanced Settings. On the Advanced Connection Options dialog box, check that the settings for your particular connection type are correct. To test your connection, click the Test button. Click OK, and then click OK.
5. Click OK.

When you choose these settings, MSN Messenger will use the Microsoft® Internet Explorer connection settings if possible.
6. Try signing in to MSN Messenger again.

You should know if you have a firewall,do you recollect downloading one?If not then you will be running the Windows firewall which wont prevent MSN from loading. I have heard,and try it, that if you go to your clock in the bottom corner,double click on it and check to see if the time,date and year are correct,if not then correct them,if they are then alter them to whatever and try to sign in,If,and that is a BIG if,this solves your problem,then once you get into MSN,alter your clock to the correct time,close out of msn and reboot the pc and try logging on again to see if the problem has gone. If that fails,i can only think its a virus and i would advise doing a full virus scan, and also download ewido anti-malware and spybot search and destroy (you can find them in the forums on how to protect your pc) and run them and delete any nasties they find. If non of this helps then i really dont know im afraid.

Let me know if anythings worked :thumbsup:
....And on the 8th day God said, "When my children are intelligent, and create the Computer, for my sake may they never screw around with the registry or subscribe to AOL"Posted Image

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:15 PM

Posted 18 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

I will be moving the above post of pandaspot's into it's own topic
Here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/52992/msn-messenger-problems/

It's always best to start a separate topic, in order to advoid confusion.
:thumbsup:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users