Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Computer / Google Chrome

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RPicking

RPicking

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 AM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:17 PM

I have a new laptop and I can't find the topic that I posted with my question.

When I'm searching the internet and I click on some links it goes to web sites that I'm not wanting to go plus sometimes there are words that are underlined that are like ads embedded in web sites.  I did not have this problem on my older computer and I'm wondering if something is wrong with the computer??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:24 PM

Hello RPicking -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519234/google-chrome-issues-with-ads/#entry3247509
Here is your old post above -

Always click on Follow this topic, at the top Right side -

Are the double-underlined words that you are referring to like the example provided in This topic (Post #1)?

If so, this is called In-text advertising and it is very common.
Kontera and Vibrant are two of the more popular advertising networks that provide in-text advertising and information services.

======= < This is a typical example (without the pop up)

See full post HERE

(Credit to quietman7 for the text)

Thank You -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users