Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop dont work after using malwarebyte

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 six065duce

six065duce

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:42 PM

hello....  im not sure if im in the right area but i installed and used Malwarebytes for the first time a month ago as it was suggested. Malwarebytes said i had close to 400 virus or problem so i checked all the red boxes to delete. after computer restarted my mouse pad and keyboard wasnt working anymore. so i took out the battery and tried to restart the computer but it doesnt go past my the Acer logo screen. it says press f2 for setup, so i bought a usb keyboard, plugged it into my laptop and pressed f2. all it says is PLEASE WAIT and it has been like this day after day as i been reseaching how fix it day after day. i see many solutions on the web but i dont know what i should do!!! This is my first time using Malwarebytes and now my laptop is useless! any help and the right help would be nice

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:08 PM

Hello -

Often with "400 virus or problem" it pays to remove 20 or 30 at a time (just my observation).

Are you able to start in Safe Mode with Networking at all ?

You do not leave an Operating Version, but I guess Windows 7 ??

See the tutorials at the top of Windows 7 area for Safe Mode Tutorial. Basically same for all Systems.

Post back after you try this and we will try to reset the system -

Thank You -

#3 six065duce

six065duce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:29 PM

no im not able to start in safe mode because after i press f2 on the Acer logo screen, it says PLEASE WAIT.... and stays that way

#4 six065duce

six065duce
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hello -

Often with "400 virus or problem" it pays to remove 20 or 30 at a time (just my observation).

Are you able to start in Safe Mode with Networking at all ?

You do not leave an Operating Version, but I guess Windows 7 ??

See the tutorials at the top of Windows 7 area for Safe Mode Tutorial. Basically same for all Systems.

Post back after you try this and we will try to reset the system -

Thank You -

it doesnt even make it that far or give me the option to start in safe mode

#5 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

You may want to report this issue to the Malwarebytes Consumer Support Team, ask in the Support Forums or E-mail the Malwarebytes Support Help Desk so the development team can investigate.

Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#6 Quads

Quads

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:19 PM

I notice the user by the MBAM thread has an Acer Aspire.

I have noticed in the past with Acer when there is a problem with Windows or the HDD itself  the BIOS gets stuck when trying to load (the Please wait.............) when presssing Esc or F2.  

A Work around for people who have the correct gear and know how to correctly disconnect the HDD using the correct safety procedures.  

Disconnect the HDD   

Startup the system and press ESC / F2 now the BIOS loads  

Change the boot device order to the CD /DVD drive first before the HDD.  and save that setting change.  

Turn off the Computer and reconnect the HDD

Turn the computer back on and use a CD to boot to instead to be able to now do the checks and repairs using BootCD's

For Information purposes only,  I have no idea why some Acer systems have that problem. 

Quads

#7 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:45 PM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 09:54 AM

If one's laptop no longer works, any possible solution is worth trying before throwing in the towel.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#8 Quads

Quads

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 06 January 2014 - 04:22 PM

I found this thread this morning also, where they took out or just unhooked the HDD to be able to get the system BIOS to load http://www.justanswer.com/computer/5e8fw-laptop-wont-go-past-acer-logo-can-t-go-bios-it-says.html

Probably explains better than I did above.

Quads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users