Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Informer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Enidtoo

Enidtoo

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:13 PM

How do you delete Software Informer.  It attached itself to my laptop when I downloaded another program, and I can't get rid of it.  It is not listed on Revo Uninstaller.  I found it on my Apps, but it refuses to uninstall.  I tried to uninstall it on CCleaner...no luck.  I hate it...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:18 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

AdwCleaner usually will remove third party software of this nature.

Please download AdwCleaner and run it.

An image like the one below will open, click on Scan.

adwcleaner11_zps48314883.png

Once the search is complete a list of the pending items will be displayed.  If you see any which you do not want removed, remove the check mark next to it.  

Click on Clean to remove the selected items.  

You will receive a message telling you that all programs will be close so that the infections can be removed.  Click on Ok.

When cleaning process is complete a log of what was removed will be presented.  Please copy and the paste this log in your next post.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users