Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Kyndri

Kyndri

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Hi, I come here every time I have a computer issue and y'all almost always help, so here I am again. I have Windows 7, the desktop is about a year & a half or so old. Last night hubby was on the internet and got the blue screeen. He knows nothing at all about computers so he called me in. I didnt even pay attention to what the blue screen said. I probably wouldnt have understood it anyway with all the numbers and such on those screens.

Regardless of what he was doing on the internet last night (ahem!), he said that the Facebook game he plays, some kind of strategy war game, also occassionaly pops up the blue screen. Blue screen is BAD, so I ran PCCheck software, which found zero issues, and ran a full virus scan with McAfee, which also found nothing.

I fully expected to find a whole myriad of issues, finding zero was a complete surprise. Blue screens dont just happen for no reason though, especially on something like FB, so there's something going on. Please let me know what I need to do/download/run to help you help me. Other than a family block on some sites, lol.

Oh, I forgot to say that my computer tried to automatically restart after the blue screen but just hung so I did a hard power off and power on. That worked fine.

Thank you!

Edited by Kyndri, 03 January 2014 - 12:20 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users