Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome help - where does one find it?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tobyo

tobyo

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:08 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:48 PM

I have tried their forums, I get nowhere.  I have submitted my issue to them twice, no reply.  someone here said they'd already be using a different browser. I like Chrome and just want to fix this issue I am having.  it's not malware and the person helping me there said the arrows have been removed? I have a hard time believing that because the arrows exist on three other machines using Chrome. but the other three machines have a different version of Chrome. so, can I get that version on this machine?  anyone know how to do that?

here are the other threads I have posted here for background, but basically I lost my up/down arrows in the right scroll bar and want them back.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516790/right-scroll-in-google-chrome-not-working-properly/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/517215/right-scroll-in-google-chrome-not-working-properly/

so, now I'm here wondering if anyone out there knows of a place to get help with Google Chrome issues or can suggest anything else (besides trying a different browser).  I  have wondered about resetting my defaults or uninstalling/reinstalling but not sure what either of those will do.  Like, will I lose my favorites?? 

just really hoping someone has other ideas that can solve my issue. I know it's not a huge thing, just hoping someone with knowledge sees this and can guide me.  thanks for any help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:02 PM

very unhappy Chrome user :(

my choices are to attempt one of the things I mention above or to dump Chrome. pooey.

#3 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:50 AM

Even though you said "suggest anything (besides trying a different browser)."  Consider: SRWare Iron

SRWare Iron is a real alternative. The browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Screen Shot of SRWare Iron at Windows 7 download.com

You can keep Chrome installed while testing SRWare Iron.

#4 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:14 AM

Even though you said "suggest anything (besides trying a different browser)."  Consider: SRWare Iron

SRWare Iron is a real alternative. The browser is based on the Chromium-source and offers the same features as Chrome

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php

Screen Shot of SRWare Iron at Windows 7 download.com

You can keep Chrome installed while testing SRWare Iron.

I'm actually looking at different browsers now so thank you! I will check it out.  also wondering about Firefox as I know that is popular. I had switched to Chrome a few years ago because I had heard it was safer than IE but now maybe it's not so safe?

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

I think one browser is about as safe as the next.  It's really the user not the browser that is the safety concern.

Firefox is alright but folks are having problems with the latest version.  I use Opera v12.16 and Pale Moon myself although I do have SRWare Iron installed.

Pale Moon is essentially an optimized for Windows version of Firefox.  From a user standpoint the only difference between the two is the logo and some folks say Pale Moon is faster.

SRWare Iron, from what I can tell, is like Chrome except it has the up/down arrows you want and it does away with the privacy concerns of Chrome.  If you like Chrome you should get along fine with SRWare Iron.

#6 tobyo

tobyo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 755 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:31 AM

I think one browser is about as safe as the next.  It's really the user not the browser that is the safety concern.

Firefox is alright but folks are having problems with the latest version.  I use Opera v12.16 and Pale Moon myself although I do have SRWare Iron installed.

Pale Moon is essentially an optimized for Windows version of Firefox.  From a user standpoint the only difference between the two is the logo and some folks say Pale Moon is faster.

SRWare Iron, from what I can tell, is like Chrome except it has the up/down arrows you want and it does away with the privacy concerns of Chrome.  If you like Chrome you should get along fine with SRWare Iron.

good deal. thanks so much!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users