Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 8.1 Constantly Crashing (BSOD)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Gr8Lks

Gr8Lks

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:45 PM

I have a new self built gaming desktop system running Windows 8.1.   I was having some initial problems but after updating all of the drivers and running a Widows System Repair the system ran fine for 3 or 4 days. 

Today the system stared crashing (BSOD) with blue screen messages stating memory_management and IRQL_not_less_or_equal error messages.  I'm not aware of any new software or drivers that were installed in the past few days.  Sometimes it will crash immediately after a reboot other times it will run for 15 to 20 minutes before crashing. 

In the Event Viewer System log I see a message stating The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck Event ID 1001.

Looking for any suggestions or help to get the system running stable again. Please let me know what system information would be helpful in troubleshooting. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Gr8Lks

Gr8Lks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:46 PM

Adding the 2 most recent minidump files.  Both show crash caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Attached File  minidump memory management.txt   1.83KB   3 downloads

Attached File  minidump irql.txt   1.84KB   3 downloads

#3 ronakraj

ronakraj

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 PM

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

can you tell me when this blue screen comes. i mean to say opening a application, starting windows or using any other hardware.

#4 Gr8Lks

Gr8Lks
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Seems to be completely random. It's crashed and rebooted to the home screen sat there and crashed again without launching any apps. After a crash it boots I login and runs fine for a while and crashes while looking at the diagnostics and opening a web browser. Other times it will run fine for days and then all of a sudden start the constant crashing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users