Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG AntiVirus FREE for Tablets COMPLETE uninstall

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 101AB

101AB

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:25 PM

I have a new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, I installed AVG AntiVirus FREE for Tablets in it the other night.
It seems to run fine but I would like try other AntiVirus programs to see what is out there.
I contacted AVG and asked them how to perform a COMPLETE uninstall, the answer that they gave me is not what I was expecting.
I haven't ran 1 antivirus program in my time that didn't need the uninstall tool that they didn't talk about to clean up the roots of their deeply embedded program(s).
Does anyone out there have any experience with this?
The AVG answer to this question seems like Norton saying to me go to Windows Uninstall and just do an uninstall  IT DOESN'T WORK! Each one has their little tool to clean up the mess.
I'm not trashing AVG I am just looking for the correct answer before I attempt to remove it for now, who knows, I might very well end up reinstalling it.
Happy New Year!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users