Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wanting dual monitors + New graphic upgrade?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jackehboy

Jackehboy

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:31 PM

Hello all, 
Did a quick search of " good computer forums" and this was my first choice smile.gif SO I figured why not!

I have a few questions..
I have always wanted to do dual monitors at home. Currently I am running a single 20 or 22 inch wide... Love it but after being at work with 2 wider and bigger dual monitors it sucks coming home to this!

My pc was built in 09 off dell and basically upgraded to the max on their website.. .Which of course isnt that great now a days... I debate building my own custom pc all the time but I really dont have a use as I dont do much intense gaming..

The MOST I would want is Ultra on WoW with good FPS. If I could get that out of my PC right now it would be ideal... 

So what I'm asking is.. What is my best option in terms of upgrading my graphic card to support dual monitors and or any other cheaper mods to increase my PC performance!?

Link to my specs from CPU-Z smile.gif
http://valid.canardpc.com/sifmci

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

Hi, upon inspection of the system itself, a upgrade to the graphics card would increase FPS in WoW although the game itself is known to be CPU demanding but the current one should be fine. Before i can make any suggestions, can you confirm if your system is a Dell Studio 540 and your budget for the graphics card and power supply?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 Jackehboy

Jackehboy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:51 PM

Im on DELLS site with my service tag and all I get is "Dell Studio" ..... 

Im not really on a budget. If i can add a few upgrades to my current pc to do what I want im ok with that! Im assuming its a 540. I googled it and it looks like that XD

Edited by Jackehboy, 02 January 2014 - 07:52 PM.

#4 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 08:20 PM

Im on DELLS site with my service tag and all I get is "Dell Studio" ..... 

Im not really on a budget. If i can add a few upgrades to my current pc to do what I want im ok with that! Im assuming its a 540. I googled it and it looks like that XD

The first limitation of the system is the case size, so selection of graphics card will be limited to an extent and the power supply needs to be upgraded to support the higher power consumption. 

Graphics card: EVGA GeForce GTX760 2GB - $250

Power supply: Seasonic G550 - $86

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users