Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DVD burning problem

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Edubarca

Edubarca

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:37 PM

Hello all, Happy new year from Colombia.

I don't know if this is the correct thread. I'm having a problem with a movie I want to burn on a DVD for my collection. Every time I want to burn it the software don't accept it. I have converted from MP4 to AVI to Matroska to WMV and others and simply the burning software does not accept the movie for burning. I have used several software including V2D, CDBurnerXP, Imgburn Nero etc. all with the same result. The film can be successfully watched on my desk top. What to do? Thanks

EDUARDO

Edited by hamluis, 02 January 2014 - 06:53 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Audio/Video Applications - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 04 January 2014 - 01:18 AM

All media files could be burned to a regular DVD disc (up to 4 - 4.7 GB)provided you choose the Data Disc.  If you pertain to a DVD format, convert it first using this http://www.dvdflick.net/

Tekken

#3 Edubarca

Edubarca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:32 AM

Thanks. I'll try and let you know if I could burn my movie, which, by the way is the excellent The Thief (1954) with Ray Milland. 

#4 Edubarca

Edubarca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:55 AM

No luck, Unfortunately, there's no way of attaching a screen print here. The DVD Flick screen shows "AVI is not a valid DVD project file". It says the same when I try to upload to DVD Flick the MP4 version. What to do?

#5 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:03 PM

Are you sure its an AVI format and not an MKV file?

Tekken

#6 Edubarca

Edubarca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

Absolutely, completely, fully, entirely, surely !! Believe me!! I do appreciate your help

#7 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:45 PM

Do you have a different AVI movie to test? You could cancel the conversion anyway.

Tekken

#8 Edubarca

Edubarca
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 07 January 2014 - 08:35 AM

Hello, Yes, I have burned many movies in AVI after converting them with the usual software I have. Only with "The Thief" I have this problem, but as stated before, it doesn't matter if it is AVI, MP4, Matroska.or whatever. This particular movie can only be watched on my computer. It is the most strange thing that has happened to me after burning more than 200 different movies for my collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users