Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Audio Ads Start Playing As Soon As Startup

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 Kabbage318

Kabbage318

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 05:23 PM

Hello! I'd like to request some help on removing this virus that I've been experiencing along with others I've seen. I've run scans on ESET Antivirus 6, MalwareBytes, and Microsoft Security Essentials, and they all turned up false. If I end the svchost that is causing the issue it will give some random issue and try to restart my computer but I can enter "shutdown -a" and it will work fine.

Insert DDS Log here:

Spoiler

Attached Files

Edited by Kabbage318, 02 January 2014 - 06:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:00 AM

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! :welcome:
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:

• I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Also

• Please re-run FRST again and type the following in the edit box after Search: rpcss.dll
  • Click the Search button
  • It will make a log (Search.txt)- please post the log into your reply to me. (you can use pastebin as well).

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 Kabbage318

Kabbage318
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

Ok, so I ran the scans.

FRST.txt:

Spoiler

Search.txt

Spoiler

Attached Files

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hello,

Please go ahead and uninstall:

Yontoo 2.05

from the Control Panel.

Next please download the following file => and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#5 Kabbage318

Kabbage318
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Kay, I ran the fix, I couldn't uninstall Yontoo though, It gives me a message box saying "Couldn't initialize setup" But I ran the fix.

Fixlog.txt:

Spoiler

#6 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hi,

Is the computer still playing the random Audio ad's?

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#7 Kabbage318

Kabbage318
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:27 PM

No it is not, thank you very much!!

#8 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:51 PM

Hello,

Nice to hear it.

I want to make sure there is nothing lurking on the system so just in case I want you to go through these steps:

STEP 1

• Please download RogueKiller.exe and save to the desktop.
  • Close all windows and browsers
  • Right-click the program and select 'Run as Administrator'
  • Press the scan button.
  • A report opens on the desktop named - RKreport.txt
  • Please copy and past the results at pastebin.com and post the link to the log in your next reply.

STEP 2

Please download the latest version of TDSSKiller from here and save it to your Desktop.

• Doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then click on Change parameters.
    image000q.png
  • Put a checkmark beside loaded modules.
    Sbf88.png
  • A reboot will be needed to apply the changes. Do it.
  • TDSSKiller will launch automatically after the reboot. Also your computer may seem very slow and unusable. This is normal. Give it enough time to load your background programs.
  • Then click on Change parameters in TDSSKiller.
  • Check all boxes then click OK.
    JtwHB.png
  • Click the Start Scan button.
    19695967.jpg
  • The scan should take no longer than 2 minutes.
  • If a suspicious object is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
    67776163.jpg
  • If malicious objects are found, they will show in the Scan results - Select action for found objects and offer three options.
    Ensure Cure (default) is selected, then click Continue > Reboot now to finish the cleaning process.
    62117367.jpg
    Note: If Cure is not available, please choose Skip instead, do not choose Delete unless instructed.
  • A report will be created in your root directory, (usually C:\ folder) in the form of "TDSSKiller.[Version]_[Date]_[Time]_log.txt". Please copy and past the results at pastebin.com and post the link to the log in your next reply.

STEP 3

• Please download the newest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and install it.
  • Please start the application by double-click on it's icon.
  • Once the program has loaded go to the UPDATE tab and check for updates.
  • When the update is complete, select the Scanner tab
  • Select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When completed, a log will open in Notepad.
  • Please save it to a convenient location and post the results in your next reply.

STEP 4

1.Please download HitmanPro.

• For 32-bit Operating System - dEMD6.gif.
  • This is the mirror - dEMD6.gif
  • For 64-bit Operating System - dEMD6.gif
  • This is the mirror - dEMD6.gif

2.Launch the program by double clicking on the 5vo5F.jpg icon. (Windows Vista/7 users right click on the HitmanPro icon and select run as administrator).

Note: If the program won't run please then open the program while holding down the left CTRL key until the program is loaded.

3.Click on the next button. You must agree with the terms of EULA. (if asked)

4.Check the box beside "No, I only want to perform a one-time scan to check this computer".

5.Click on the next button.

6.The program will start to scan the computer. The scan will typically take no more than 2-3 minutes.

7.When the scan is done click on drop-down menu of the found entries (if any) and choose - Apply to all => Ignore <= IMPORTANT!!!

8.Click on the next button.

9.Click on the "Save Log" button.

10.Save that file to your desktop and post the content of that file in your next reply.

Note: if there isn't a dropdown menu when the scan is done then please don't delete anything and close HitmanPro

Navigate to C:\ProgramData\HitmanPro\Logs open the report and copy and paste it to your next reply.

STEP 5

Download Security Check by screen317 from here.

• Save it to your Desktop.
  • Double click SecurityCheck.exe and follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box.
  • A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.

and then if there aren't any issues left I'll give you my final recommendations. :)

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#9 Kabbage318

Kabbage318
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:51 AM

Sorry about taking a bit to respond.

RKreporrt:

http://pastebin.com/0ur5CLk3

TDSSKiller Log:

http://pastebin.com/UVhbeq3c

MBAM Log:

http://pastebin.com/LYyxHNR4

HitmanPro Log:

http://pastebin.com/wPDmGE6r

Checkup Log:

http://pastebin.com/vmMaMBGt

#10 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Hi,

Nice work! The system is clean! smile.png

Let's remove a few registry remnants from Yontoo from the system:

Please download the following file => and save it to the Desktop.
NOTE. It's important that both files, FRST and fixlist.txt are in the same location or the fix will not work.

Run FRST and press the Fix button just once and wait.
The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt). Please post it to your reply.

I do not recommend that you have more than one anti virus product installed and running on your computer at a time.  The reason for this is that if both products have their automatic (Real-Time) protection switched on, then those products which do not encrypt the virus strings within them can cause other anti virus products to cause "false alarms".  It can also lead to a clash as both products fight for access to files which are opened again this is the resident/automatic protection. In general terms, the two programs may conflict and cause:
1) False Alarms: When the anti virus software tells you that your PC has a virus when it actually doesn't.
2) System Performance Problems: Your system may lock up due to both products attempting to access the same file at the same time.
Therefore please go to add/remove in the control panel and remove either ESET NOD32 Antivirus 6.0 or Microsoft Security Essentials.

UPDATING TASKS

Download and install Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 from here.

javaicon.gif Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system. Please follow these steps to remove older version of Java components and upgrade the application.

• Download the latest version of Java SE 7.
  • Click the Java™ 7 Update 45 "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • Select your Platform, Register and check the box that says: "I agree to the Java SE Runtime Environment 7 License Agreement.".
  • Click on Continue.
  • Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation (jre-7u45-windows-i586.exe) and save it to your desktop. Do NOT use the Sun Download Manager..
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
  • Go to Start > Control Panel > Programs, click on Uninstall a program and remove all older versions of Java:
    Java 7 Update 17
  • Check any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version. (Vista/Windows 7 users, right click on the jre-7u45-windows-i586.exe and select "Run as an Administrator.")

Or you can simple uninstall JAVA and try avoid installing Java unless absolutely required by your applications: (it's your call)...

http://www.techsuppo...ell-the-coffee/

Next please run JavaRa.

• Please download JavaRa and unzip it to your desktop.
  • Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
  • Choose Remove JRE and from the drop-down menu select any Java version (if listed) and press Run Uninstaller. (If Java is not listed please click on Next).
  • Now click on Perform Removal Routine to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
  • When that's successfully done, please click OK to close the message.
  • Click on Next and skip the downloading process. Click Next and now click on Close this wizard and click Finish.
  • From the main menu please choose Additional tasks
  • Place a checkmark beside Remove startup entry, Remove Outdated JRE Firefox Extentions and Clean JRE Temp Files and click Run. The browsers should be closed before running this task.
  • When that's succesfully done you will see a message at the top saying: "Selected tasks completed successfully".
  • A log file should be created in the same directory as JavaRa.
  • Please attach the log to your next reply.
  • Close JavaRa by clicking the red cross button.

• It is possible for other programs on your computer to have security vulnerability that can allow malware to infect you.  
  • Therefore, it is also a good idea to check for the latest versions of commonly installed applications that are regularly patched to fix vulnerabilities.
  • You can check these by visiting Secunia Software Inspector or you can use the following application for this purpose PatchMyPC

Visit Microsoft's Windows Update Site Frequently

• It is important that you visit Windows Update regularly.
  • This will ensure your computer has always the latest security updates available installed on your computer.  
  • If there are new updates to install, install them immediately, reboot your computer, and revisit the site until there are no more critical updates.

When done please post a new log from SecurityCheck.

I'll give you my final recommendations in the next post. :)

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#11 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:29 PM

Hello,

Are you still with me?

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#12 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2014 - 05:32 AM

It appears that this issue is resolved, therefore I am closing the topic. If that is not the case and you need or wish to continue with this topic, please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) that you would like this topic re-opened.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users