Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD during service pack 1 installation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dead Bird101

Dead Bird101

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:25 AM

Hello guys,

I was installing service pack 1 onto my laptop, after the computer downloaded the service pack and rebooted, the computer was applying the service pack. The screen said "applying service pack 50% please wait" and the I got a blue screen of death. The computer then rebooted and I get a horrible continuous beeping. I can even get into safe mode. I thought that maybe the keyboard might have gotten a key stuck, but I removed the keyboard from the laptop, and the computer still beeps I even tried taking out the ram and starting the laptop with 1 stick each instead of with both and I got the same result.. I have no idea how to fix this. Can you guys please help me?

Edited by Dead Bird101, 02 January 2014 - 01:26 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:41 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:35 PM

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Dead Bird101

Dead Bird101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:41 PM

Dell N5010

#4 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:12 PM

Hi

Dell 5010 does have a known motherboard issue which results in the exact symptoms you described. Most times, the MoBo needs to be serviced to fix the issue. However, please try power cycling the device by following the below steps.

1. Disconnect Battery and power adapter.

2. Pres and hold the power button for around one or two minutes. This will discharge all energy stored in capacitors etc.

3. Leave the system without connecting any power for a couple of hours. Then reconnect the Battery and power on.

#5 Dead Bird101

Dead Bird101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:06 AM

Will post results tomorrow morning. Thank you..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users