Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No Name Available" In sound mixer. Random ads playing in background.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Santeria

Santeria

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 12:47 AM

Yesterday, I was just watching a stream and my computer goes off and turns back on. Starts playing ads, "No Name Available" in the audio mixer. I see others have this problem to. I've done a lot, ive tried TDSSkiller.exe, Malwarebytes, Dr. WebCureit!. Not sure what to do. 

I am running Win7 64bit.

Thanks!

Edit: The ads don't really bother me, but ever since then my computer overall has been really laggy.

Edit2: I also tried AdwCleaner.

Edited by Santeria, 02 January 2014 - 12:57 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 josephno1

josephno1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Run RKill and see if that fixes it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/rkill/

If fails run Kaspersky's TDSSKILLER.

It should find something called Rootkit.Boot.Pihar.c

#3 Santeria

Santeria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:52 AM

TDSSKiller found nothing. Rkill did not fix it. The ads do not play constantly, but it stays in the audio mixer as a slider. 

Edit: I don't think Rkill is even running properly. If its supposed to just close it by itself, it'll stay stuck at a certain point. Then i'll have to close it. Running malwarebytes anti-rootkit scan right now.

Edited by Santeria, 02 January 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#4 xXToffeeXx

xXToffeeXx

Bleepin' Polar Bear

• Malware Response Instructor
  • 6,054 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 PM

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:49 AM

Hi,

Download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE to your Desktop.

• Unzip downloaded file.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • DO NOT click on the Cleanup button. Simply exit the program.
  • When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder..... mbar-log-xxxxx.txt and system-log.txt

xXToffeeXx~

~If I am helping you and you have not had a reply from me in two days, please send me a PM~

logo-25.pngID Ransomware - Identify What Ransomware Encrypted Your Files [Support Topic] - If we have helped you out and you want to support what we do, you can do so here

~Twitter~ | ~Malware Analyst at Emsisoft~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users