Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Spooler Error 1067

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ghufraan

ghufraan

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

Okay guys...I'm about ready to shoot something.

I've been at this for 3 full days. The problem is basically the Print Spooler keeps shutting off. I've done all the basics (i.e. set startup to automatic, subsequent failures, etc...). In the event log, there are 5 error codes the persistently show up that are the cause, but I don't know how to go about fixing them.

They are:

Error Service Control Manager 7031

The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 14 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService 503
Routing print spooler command(s) The system failed to initialize the local print provider: Error 0x7e. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService 511

Initializing a print provider The print spooler failed to load print provider localspl.dll. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService 808

Initializing The print spooler failed to load a plug-in module localspl.dll, error code 0x7e. See the event user data for context information.
Error Microsoft-Windows-PrintService 509

Routing print spooler command(s) The print spooler cannot start because the PrinterBusEnumerator could not start. Error code 0x80040154. This can occur because of system instability or a lack of system resources.

These show up repeatedly in the same order everytime I try to start Print Spooler.

Also, my printers don't show up in Devices and Printers.

I have a Lenovo Y560p with Windows 7 x64

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:13 AM

What happens when you run this Microsoft.com Fixit? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Troubleshoot-printer-problems

Have you tried uninstalling the printer software for the Lenovo?  You may have to go into Regedit to the following key, to delete the printer from the Registry, if it does not remove when you uninstall the software HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Windows x64\Drivers

Sometimes updates for Windows cause problems, other times it is the mfg of the product, that screws things up.  There is no really easy fix, when it comes to fixing printer or scanner issues.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:38 AM

Try the following.

Click on the Start orb and type cmd in the Search programs and files box.  Programs will appear above the Search box with cmd below it, right click on it and choose Run as administrator.

An image of the Elevated Command Prompt similar to the one below will open.

Screenshot2.jpg

To stop the pint spooler type in net stop spooler and press Enter

You will see a message telling you that the pint spooler is being stopped, and then that it has stopped successfully.  

To restart the print spooler type in net start spooler

You will see a message telling you that the print spooler is being started, then that is has started successfully.

Close the Elevated Command Prompt and restart your computer.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 ghufraan

ghufraan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

The fixit tool does nothing.  I deleted all drivers for my Lexmark x6675 printer.  Absolutely nothing seems to work.  Might I add that something called the UMBus Enumerator is having troubles too.  I ran the troubleshooting for it and it came back negative, saying that it is having driver troubles.  This was after the troubleshooter attempted to reinstall the driver....

@Arachibutyrophobia

That doesn't work either.  When I give the "net stop spooler" command it says "Spooler was never started" and when I typed "net start spooler", it gives me the 1067 error.

Any other suggestions?

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:46 PM

Try this...

Click on the Start orb, type Services in the Search programs and files box.

Services will appear above the search box under Programs, right click on Services and choose Run as administrator.

In services scroll down to Print Spooler and double click on it.  Click Stop, then OK.

Go back to the Search box and type %WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers, delete all of the files in this folder.

Go back to Services and double click on Pint Spooler.

Edited by dc3, 02 January 2014 - 01:47 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 ghufraan

ghufraan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

I've done that as well. There is nothing in that file to begin with. Print spooler isn't started to begin with. It keeps stopping.

Any idea how to resolve the UMbus Enumerator? Is it linked to this problem?

#7 ghufraan

ghufraan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2014 - 06:23 PM

Nothing eh?

#8 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,366 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2014 - 10:59 AM

Unplug the printer from the computer, restart the Print Spooler, reconnect the printer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users