Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

3 Year Old HP Pavilion G4-1015dx laptop Full Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 josephno1

josephno1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:04 PM

Alright guys I have has this laptop and I am looking to upgrade it. So far I have

4 gb (laptop originally has 3 gb but i swapped the rams from a dead laptop)

1 tb WD HDD (Laptop came with 320 gb HDD but then the HDD died D:)

AMD Athlon 64 II P360 Mobile (I am looking to upgrade see link below)

http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/AMD/Athlon_II_Dual-Core_Mobile/P360.html

Which ones can I get?

Radeon HD 4250 (Would it be possible to upgrade this)

A cooling pad

So basicly what I am looking for is mainly a CPU upgrade because I play Guild Wars 2 (the game isn't taxing on your GPU but it is pretty taxing on a CPU because of how the game was made)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 01:43 PM

Theoretically, any S1 Socket CPU should work so long as the motherboard can supply the necessary power, however, the motherboard's BIOS may not accept it.  Chances are it probably won't work if the motherboard manufacturer never offered an upgrade to the laptop that included a different CPU.  You also cannot upgrade the GPU in the laptop as those are often soldered onto the motherboard.  Laptops are generally considered to be non-upgradable, most of the parts are not easily, or are impossible, to change.

3939.png

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,486 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:03 PM

Personally I look at laptops as sealed systems.  Other than RAM and hard drive upgrades you're very limited due to their designs.  For the time and effort you're probably better off looking for a replacement machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users