I bought some RAM for my new build that should be here tomorrow or Friday and im now worried that it might not be compatible with my other components.
My current build is:
- Corsair Carbide Series 500R Arctic White Steel Case
- CORSAIR CX series CX750 750W PSU
- ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79
- Intel Core i7-4930K Ivy Bridge-E 3.4GHz cooled by corsair H100i
- Sparkle GeForce GTX 460 768mb
- Samgsung EVO 840 SSD 750GB
I bought Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM (CMY8GX3M2A1866C9A). They didnt have the kit of 4, so I bought 2 kits of 2x4GB for a total of 16GB.
My first question is... will this RAM work at all in my LGA 2011, x79 build? In the box it says "compatible with intel i7) but on the back it says "tuned for optimal over clocking on the latest intel LGA 1150 and 1155." So... now im a little bit confused.
Second... My board says it supports "Quad Channel Memory." Does this mean I have to by quad channel kits? Or will be 2x Dual Channel Kits perform the same?
I didn't realize RAM could be this confusing...
Edited by Tampa, 01 January 2014 - 10:37 AM.