Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is there any difference between the normal and CSM version of this motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PenguinCake

PenguinCake

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:47 AM

Hi everyone,

First of all, thanks for reading this.
I'm building a new computer, and I've found the various parts I want to use in PC building videos on YouTube and on the web. I'm combining new parts with reusable ones from my old PCs.
I've already got a processor, the Intel i3 2120 that is. I found a motherboard with a 1155 socket that I'd really like to use for this build.

Now, the problem is that I've found two versions on Amazon (links here).
One version is the original version of the board. The other version is the CSM version of the same board. 

I really wonder wether they are the same. The CSM version is way cheaper, and since I'm on a very low budget I'd rather buy that one. Are they both completely the same though? Is there any difference in functionality or quality?

Please let me know soon!
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,419 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 PM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:10 AM

They are both the same model. CSM stands for Corporate Stable Model. You might want to email MSI and see if the warranties would be the same for an individual buying one.

http://event.msi.com/us/corpstable/

#3 PenguinCake

PenguinCake
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:47 PM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:14 AM

They are both the same model. CSM stands for Corporate Stable Model. You might want to email MSI and see if the warranties would be the same for an individual buying one.

http://event.msi.com/us/corpstable/

Thank you for answering!

That's great! Why would anyone want to buy the more expensive one then? Doesn't really make sense to me ...

Oh and that website you linked said 36 months of warranty, which is plenty. 

Thank you John! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users