Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Run Resolution 800 X 600

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:51 AM

Here's the scoop. I have an Nvidia Geforce 6800. I recently downloaded and installed the new drivers for it from Nvidias website. The drivers are version 84.21. Everything is working fine except for one small problem... Nothing runs at 800 x 600. If I try running a program that uses these specs, then I get an error message on my monitor. The problem is that my monito, while in 800 x 600 resolution, only supports up to an 85 Hertz refresh rate. The graphics card, while in 800 x 600 resolution, tries to push the refresh rate to something like 107! So, I am about to install the old drivers, though I don't want to. If there are any suggestions could someone please help?

By the way, this really bugs me because the max resolution for Diablo 2 is 800 x 600. This means that I cannot even play it anymore.
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Joshuacat

Joshuacat

01001010 01000011

• Members
  • 1,950 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:09 PM

Posted 07 May 2006 - 07:21 PM

Have you tried to create a customize your settings with the Nvidia Display Properties?

See this link for more details.

How do I create a custom resolution for my monitor?

Hope that helps.
JC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users