Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop Keyboard Screwed + other issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 josephno1

josephno1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:59 PM

Okay so this morning i turn my laptop and i get to the log in screen and i couldnt enter my password because my laptop keyboard didnt seem to be working. Then i decided to plug in a usb keyboard and for some reason it wasnt working. Next I tried to clock on the ease of access thing on the right corner but nothing popped up so then i did the old fashion unplug and tried using the keyboards but none of them worked. Next I tried to boot up to windows 7 and the i got the same issues listed above. Next I try to boot ip into ubuntu and the keyboard on my laptop and the usb keyboard magicly start to work. So then I open firefox and i go on firefox and try to look for a possible antivirus for linux when all the sudden my screen turns black and a whole ton of text pops up. Next I restart my computer and i get to the windows loading screen and it gets stuck on the loading screen. I have tried restarting but no sucess.

btw i have a 2 year old toshiba satalite L745D

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

First off, you do not need a Anti-Virus for Linux.  As for the keyboard not working in Windows, but it does in Linux, that leads to a driver issue on your unit.

If you are going to stick with Linux, try out Xubuntu 12.04 LTS.  If sticking with Windows, and that install has been on there for 2 years, I would do a complete wipe and reinstall of windows.  Personally jump to the darkside and start using Linux.  You will find it easier and better to use in the long run.

#3 MilesAhead

MilesAhead

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 PM

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:20 PM

Perhaps I'm rading it wrong.  But it seemed to me the OP ran Firefox in Linux and got weird screen behavior. Maybe he can clarify.  Although it does seem weird for Windows and Linux to both be hosed but Linux still boots.

"I don't want to belong to any club that would have me as a member."
- Groucho Marx

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:46 PM

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

Perhaps I'm rading it wrong.  But it seemed to me the OP ran Firefox in Linux and got weird screen behavior. Maybe he can clarify.  Although it does seem weird for Windows and Linux to both be hosed but Linux still boots.

From why I gathered, everything works in Linux as it should, but not Windows.

As for the multitude of pop-ups inFF, that tells me that whatever site they went to, just started throwing up a bunch of windows in Linux, for on what I can tell from on their tale. That means they were just click happy and not careful.

Most likely the problem with their Windows install, could be a couple of things. hUD is messed up, along with display and GPU drivers and then machine may be infected.

A computer worse enemy, is the user of the machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users