Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Asus HD 5450 Silent 1GB DDR3 video card Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 theoneandonly55

theoneandonly55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:45 PM

I just bough a ausu hd 5450 silent 1gb ddr3 graphics card on the 24th of this month december.. i installed the card and went to the website to install the latest drives.. I even tried installing off the cd that came with the graphics card..when browsing on the net everything is super slow and choppy..but i noticed sone pages with no graphics scrolls up and down smooth but when i go to a page with graphics  it doesnt scroll smooth... i have the latest shockwave flash and i made sure i installed the right drivers for the graphics card.. even when im off the net when i go to the start button it comes up weird and not smooth and normal.. does anybody have any suggestions as in why this is happening? thanks soooo much!! 

p,s, i also tried installed back drivers like older ones and its still the same...

heres my information if it helps..

Operating System   System Model Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
Install Language: English (United States)
System Locale: Croatian
Installed: 4/16/2011 11:04:16 AM
Boot Mode: Legacy BIOS in UEFI (Secure Boot not supported)   Enclosure Type: Desktop Processor a   Main Circuit Board b 3.50 gigahertz AMD FX-6300 Six-Core
288 kilobyte primary memory cache
6144 kilobyte secondary memory cache
8192 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (6 total)
Not hyper-threaded   Board: 970A-G43 (MS-7693) 3.0
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. V10.2 02/04/2013 Drives   Memory Modules c,d 570.11 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
34.63 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Memorex DVD+-RAM 530L v1 USB Device [Optical drive]

WDC WD2500AAJB-00J3A0 [Hard drive] (250.06 GB) -- drive 1, s/n WD-WCAV2P599403, rev 01.03E01, SMART Status: Healthy
WDC WD3200AAJB-00J3A0 [Hard drive] (320.07 GB) -- drive 0, s/n WD-WCAV2Z877839, rev 01.03E01, SMART Status: Healthy   3292 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'A1_DIMM0' is Empty
Slot 'A1_DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'A1_DIMM2' has 4096 MB
Slot 'A1_DIMM3' is Empty   Local Drive Volumes             c: (NTFS on drive 0) * 320.06 GB 32.66 GB free     d: (NTFS on drive 1) 250.05 GB 1.97 GB free    
* Operating System is installed on c:   Network Drives   None discovered           Microsoft XPS Document Writer on XPSPort: Controllers   Display Primary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
Secondary IDE Channel [Controller] (2x)
Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller (2x)   ASUS EAH5450 Series [Display adapter]
AOC F19 [Monitor] (18.5"vis, s/n 18496, November 2008) Bus Adapters   Multimedia NERO IMAGEDRIVE SCSI Controller
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller (2x)
Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Root Hub (2x)
Standard Enhanced PCI to USB Host Controller (3x)
Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller (4x)
VIA Rev 5 or later USB Universal Host Controller (2x)
VIA USB Enhanced Host Controller   AMD High Definition Audio Device
Realtek High Definition Audio            

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 goldfist

goldfist

• Members
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 03:34 PM

I have same video card the ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5450, but the 512MB version which has a passive heatsink and I had to add cooling to get rid of choppy behavior. The Passvive Heatsink was so hot that it would burn your finger when touched prior to adding a fan to blow across it. If yours also is the Passive Heatsink model, I would add some kind of airflow across the heatsink.

In my situation, I have a mATX tower and so I ended up mounting a 80mm fan up against the bottom and back side of the inside of the case to blow air across the video card. I ended up using the mini power jack that is normally used for a floppy drive that is not needed on a modern computer, and stripped the red and black wires to the 12 VDC fan and shoved the red wire for 12VDC+ to the yellow wire pin which is 12VDC from the power supply and shoved the black Common wire into the female pin hole for the power supply common. The fan was then powered off of 12VDC, and I added electrical tape to keep the wires from popping out of the connector.

Prior to adding fan the system would boot and graphics card would within about 2 minutes or less start to lag out because it would overheat. Adding this cooling to the GPU fixed this problem and now I use this $30 video card on a daily basis for video games without lag. I play games such as World of Warcraft, Skyrim, and GTA on it as well as many others and it behaves properly now.

Only other differences between my system and yours is that I am running an older AM2+ motherboard with 4GB DDR2 800Mhz Corsair XMS2 with a AMD Athlon 64 x2 4450B 1MB Cache Socket AM2 Dual-core CPU with Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium and 2 drives SSD as C: and HDD as D: to boost system performance on a 2008 build. As far as drivers go, I am using the latest AMD Graphics drivers for the HD 5xxx series for Windows 7 64-bit.

Concerns I have with your build is that you are running a 6-core CPU on an out of date OS, and so you might be running into issues with a hardware/OS mismatch to where the OS is missing instructions to take full advantage of your CPUs abilities. Also you claim you have 4GB RAM installed and only XP 64-bit will support the full 4GB of RAM, while XP 32-bit maxes out at 3GB RAM. My prior experience with XP 64-bit is that it is a troublesome OS version and has stability issues as well as driver issues, and I would suggest upgrading to Windows 7 64-bit as for I believe you will have better performance overall with your hardware specs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users