Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My desktop computer will not recognize my password after 5 years.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 wrldtrvlr3341

wrldtrvlr3341

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

After 5 years of no problems, I am locked out of my desktop because the computer will not recognize my password.  Please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:20 PM

Forum rules state: 'No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.'

If you do not have a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk that you have previously created you will need to seek assistance elsewhere.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:50 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 05:43 PM

What exactly does the message state after you enter your password?

Did you get a message password expiration notification?

Edited by dc3, 01 January 2014 - 10:06 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

Sounds like either malware changed the password, or someone was messing with your machine and locked you out.   If you truthfully own the machine, you should be able to search with the proper terms, to figure out how to restore your login info.

#5 wrldtrvlr3341

wrldtrvlr3341
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

What exactly does the message state after you enter your password?

Did you get a message password expiration notification?

I get the following message:  "   "The user Profile Service service failed the logon".   "User profile cannot be loaded".

#6 wrldtrvlr3341

wrldtrvlr3341
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:32 PM

Sounds like either malware changed the password, or someone was messing with your machine and locked you out.   If you truthfully own the machine, you should be able to search with the proper terms, to figure out how to restore your login info.

No one has access to the computer but me.  If I knew how to do what you suggest I would not be asking for help on this forum, thank you.

#7 wrldtrvlr3341

wrldtrvlr3341
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Forum rules state: 'No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures.'

If you do not have a Windows 7 Password Reset Disk that you have previously created you will need to seek assistance elsewhere.

if I had a password reset disk, I would not need to ask for assistance here.

#8 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 01 January 2014 - 09:39 PM

The error message you receive has nothing to do with your password. It indicates that Windows may not be reading your profile correctly.

You can try the suggestions listed on these 2 pages

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947215

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/130095-user-profile-service-failed-logon-user-profile-cannot-loaded.html  even though it says Vista it should also apply to Windows 7.

If possible, the first thing to try would be a system restore back to a point just before the issue began. If that fails, then try the other suggestions.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 01 January 2014 - 09:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users