Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to fix this "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951748$"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cvtx999

cvtx999

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hello all, my name is Henry and I'm new to this. I check on my computer and its have a lot of this "C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951748$" files, I wanted to know if its save to delete or how to fix it. Thanks for your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:40 PM

Hi,the C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB951748$ kind of files are usually windows update and hot fix installers and so on.

You can probably safely delete them if everything works ok,but then you cant undo it if you have problems later.

All in all their probably best left alone unless you have a good reason to delete them.

You could back them up to another folder i guess.

http://seanconnolly.com/archive/2009/07/31/can-i-delete-ntuninstall-folders-in-the-windows-directory.aspx

Edited by Wolverine 7, 31 December 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#3 cvtx999

cvtx999
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 04:21 PM

Thanks for the reply Wolverine, I really appreciated. You info help me a lot. Thanks again and Happy New Year to you and your family.

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:42 AM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 10:28 AM

Glad it helped and a very Happy New Year to you and yours :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users