Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WordPerfect X6 and Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Christechie

Christechie

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Dell OptiPlex 7010 PC's with Win 7 32 bit installed and WordPerfect X6.  Open the user's My Documents folder and select a WP X6 document to print.  Right click on the file name and choose Print.

Error message:  "There was a problem sending the command to the program"   and the document does not print

WP X6 opens with a blank document.

We tried the same scenario with a MS Word 2010 document and did not have the same issue.  Work opened briefly and the document printed.

We've checked the Compatibility Mode of wpwin16.exe and none of the boxes are checked.  We re-ran the Installation and chose a Repair but the same error appears and the document does not print.

Has anyone come up with a solution to this issue?  Much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 01:19 PM

FWIW, I just tried that in Windows 8 with WordPerfect X6 and I get the exact same symptom.

Based on that I would try WP support.

My copy of WordPerfect X6 is out of a Home and Student WordPerfect Office X6 3 computer that I only paid $14.99 on sale. So I am not that unhappy.

Good Luck

Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users