Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows recovery disc's second set creation

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ronakraj

ronakraj

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:11 AM

I had recently purchased hp pavilion n012tx laptop with win8 preinstalled. I created one set of the recovery discs with the hp recovery media creation and lost them somewhere. But now i want to create the second set and hp recovery media creation app is allowing only one set which i created earlier. One thing i would told that i have already restored my laptop one time from that discs. So is there any way to create one more set of recovery discs. Also i have recovery drive partition which is not corrupt.

Any help will be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:43 AM

While there may be a way, you're going to have to contact HP.  This is a restriction put in place by HP to prevent piracy I'm sure.  HP may be able to tell you how to create another set of recovery disks or may be able to send them to you for a small fee.

#3 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:59 AM

Hi

Please try the method described in the below links.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-Systems-and-Software/This-is-how-to-make-a-2nd-set-of-recovery-disks/td-p/1694703

http://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/hp-recovery-manager-trick-creating-more-than-one-set-of-recovery-disc-and-in-iso-fo.137881/

You can also create Recovery Drive (USB Flash drive) with Copy contents from the recovery partition to the recovery drive option checked. This will allow to use the new Reset function in Windows 8 which is almost similar to the factory recovery operation.

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/5132-recovery-drive-create-usb-flash-drive-windows-8-a.html

#4 ronakraj

ronakraj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 12:08 PM

methods described on both of the sites are not useful as the files stated to delete are not found in my laptop. i searched them in my whole lapi as mentioned there but not found them. i hope there may be another way

Edited by ronakraj, 31 December 2013 - 12:33 PM.

#5 ronakraj

ronakraj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

I not found any type of file as stated in the page. When i open the recovery media creation it says that:

This system is created from recovery media

You are allowed to create only one set of recovery media.

I think there may be any other name file which stores the info that it is created from recovery media or a registery key.

#6 Greg62702

Greg62702

• Banned
  • 717 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 AM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:06 AM

You did go into Folder options, in the Control Panel, unchecked to hide them, along with known file types.

#7 Anshad Edavana

Anshad Edavana

• Members
  • 2,805 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 02:22 AM

Hi

Yes, it seem the old hacks won't work with the new recovery disc creation tools. Unless someone found a new way, our options are limited. To restore a system using the built in restore function, please try the below steps.

1. Press Esc during power on to bring the Startup Menu.

2. Press F11 to start recovery wizard.

Once the system is recovered, everything including the recovery manager program will be restored to initial condition. Now you will be able to create a new recovery DVD set as like you are doing it the first time.

Alternatively, you can use Windows own System Image Recovery function to create a recovery image. This will allow you to customize the recovery image as you like. You can uninstall all the bloatware preloaded in the system by HP and install softwares you usually use (MS Office , Media players etc). Once the customization completes, use the system image creation and backup your C drive. This will backup all the contents of your C drive to either USB or DVD set. 

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/8956-system-image-create-windows-8-a.html

Edited by Anshad Edavana, 01 January 2014 - 02:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users