Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Which of these files are safe to remove without causing problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 britigamer343

britigamer343

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:44 AM

Which of these files is safe to remove without causing minor/serious problems for windows 7. I am asking this because the last time I removed files I had to completely reinstall windows. I am using Windows 7 64bit.

Here is a Puu.sh link incase you can't see the file http://puu.sh/64DMV.png

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

Good evening. :)

The legend PUP stands for Potentially Unwanted Program and indicates that you can live with or without them as you see fit. If you knoiwingly installed the associated programs  and want to keep them working, you should leave them alone.

The majority appear to be either BearShare (which you could just uninstall rather then disable it by partially removing items) or something that was installed alongside it.

You need to start by letting me know whether you want to keep BearShare working or not.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

#3 Noviciate

Noviciate

• Malware Response Team
  • 5,277 posts
  •  

Posted 05 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Helpers are limited in the number of logs they can take by the time they have available and having threads sit idle means that somebody else who could be being helped has to wait.
Given that there has been no response for at least five days, and I have no way of knowing when there will be one, this thread is now closed.

When you are able to free up some time to work on your PC problem, feel free to start a fresh thread and somebody will be along as soon as to help.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users