Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Stuck and baffled... Fresh format win7 x64

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:14 AM

Well, I try not to trouble you guys much but I only swing by when I can't figure things out. I'm sure it's an easy solution but it hasn't come to mind yet plus it was super late so my brain was sort of fried... So, this pertains to my personal machine this time. I decided to format it because I usually format my machine almost every year or so (sometimes longer). The PC is an Intel i7-2600K currently at stock speed (3.4GHz) was overclocked for years at 4GHz. Running corsair 8GB of RAM @2133MHz (not OC'd) Gigabyte motherboard GA-Z68XP-UD3P rev.1.0 and a EVGA Superclock nVidia 560 Ti card (PCIe 2.0 x16)... My issue is I install windows 7 ultimate x64 just fine (it's a working OS, used it many times... "Legit" pirated software) the first time around I figured it must of been a corrupt videp driver or something because after I installed the latest drivers and rebooted the screen will just show the blue and windows 7 flag and no windows explorer, taskbar nor my cursor. Same thing happened when I formatted again and just did a windows update to see if it was that. There was an nVidia driver in the windows update list so it could of caused it. I didn't try older drivers to see if it reacted the same.... I'm sort of stuck, granted after the second go I didn't give it much thought and went to bed... any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:26 AM

So are you saying that you do not have a legally acquired version of Windows?

#3 }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:38 AM

Yes. I've used that same OS installation on countless computers... It runs legal without problems. In the past 3 weeks I installed in 3 different computers (A Sony Vaio, Lenovo Y510P and a custom built desktop) all running flawless and legal.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

It cannot be legal if you are using a pirated version of Windows.

So which is it pirated aka stolen via torrent, or legally acquired as through an authorized retailer such as NewEgg or Best Buy?

#5 }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:52 AM

Purchased off of Newegg.

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 08:59 AM

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

#7 }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:14 AM

Ok. I'll run it when I get home and re-reformat the machine before it freaks out.

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:25 AM

please run prior to reformatting, and after reformatting also do the following.

Please perform the following, so that we can get the exact specs of your computer. This will better assist us in helping you more.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy

The below is for those who cannot get online

Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link to your post, you will need to edit it to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

#9 }{yBr!D^

}{yBr!D^
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:40 AM

Well, I would run it post format but since I don't have access to anything just a wallpaper I won't be able to download anything. Not even task manager shows up. The screen goes black until I hit Esc then it's back to the windows wallpaper with no cursor or start menu.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:43 AM

Load up safe mode with networking via F8 just after post screen.

#11 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 09:48 AM

This is certainly the most interesting post this week.

Edited by KingdomSeeker, 31 December 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#12 KingdomSeeker

KingdomSeeker

• Members
  • 458 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yes. I've used that same OS installation on countless computers... It runs legal without problems. In the past 3 weeks I installed in 3 different computers (A Sony Vaio, Lenovo Y510P and a custom built desktop) all running flawless and legal.

Illegal...A Windows license can be used on 1 computer only. Even changing the motherboard can void it although Microsoft is usually wiling to transfer it.

Purchased off of Newegg.

If you "purchased" it from Newegg, why are you calling it pirated? Let's just come clean and say it for what it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users