Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help with MyPc Backup, Search Conduit and Scorpian Saver Infection

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 eroyal

eroyal

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:42 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:11 PM

Recently I opened FireFox to see it was opening some site called Search Conduit which I would constantly get redirected to. I uninstalled Fire Fox and removed everything associated with this file. I then started using Opera which ran fine without any interference from this program. The next day I opened up Steam to see that something called Scorpian Saver was in it over all the games. I then proceeded to search these online and found someone with the exact same problem and followed the instructions getting very similar results. I needed to reboot my PC as well and when I did something called MyPC Backup showed up on my desktop and later a window in the bottom left corner (haven't touched) showed up which I searched up and it also seems to be involved with these files after searching online. I then ended up running Combofix as the person had suggested to the one guy and wanted to post my own results and see if I could get help with it from here. If there is anything else I should clear up post it below.

Note: Through another place they also recommended that I disable something called AdPeakProxy in Service under Administrative Tools (which after searching up is ANOTHER thing that is involved with these programs)

I'm sorry if I'm inexperienced with this and have left out crucial details as I am not very familiar with these matters and have usually had others help me out but can't get proper help right now.

My results from Combofix:

Spoiler

Thanks very much for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 31 December 2013 - 03:42 AM

Hello! Welcome to BleepingComputer Forums! :welcome:
My name is Georgi and and I will be helping you with your computer problems.

Before we begin, please note the following:

• I will working be on your Malware issues, this may or may not, solve other issues you have with your machine.
  • The logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me.
  • Stay with the topic until I tell you that your system is clean. Missing symptoms does not mean that everything is okay.
  • Instructions that I give are for your system only!
  • Please do not run any tools until requested ! The reason for this is so I know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.
  • Please perform all steps in the order received. If you can't understand something don't hesitate to ask.
  • Again I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so. I will not help you if you do not follow my instructions.

STEP 1

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.

• Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
    Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator.
  • Click on the Scan button.
  • AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
  • After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R0].txt) will open in Notepad for review.
  • The contents of the log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name that you know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, let me know about it.
  • Please copy and past the results at pastebin.com and post the link to the log in your next reply.
  • A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.

STEP 2

thisisujrt.gif  Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.

• Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
  • Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
  • The tool will open and start scanning your system.
  • Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
  • On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
  • Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.

STEP 3

Please download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatibale with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Double-click to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply.

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#3 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2014 - 06:08 PM

Hello,

Are you still there?

Regards,

Georgi

cXfZ4wS.png

#4 B-boy/StyLe/

B-boy/StyLe/

Bleepin' Freestyler

• Malware Response Team
  • 8,307 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:30 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this topic is now closed.

In the event you still have problems, please send me or any Moderator a Private Message and ask them to reopen this topic within the next 5 days.

Please include a link to your topic in the Private Message. Thank you.

cXfZ4wS.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users