Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for a clean SP2 ISO

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

Hope someone knows where to find a clean copy.

Honesty & Integrity Above All!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JHMcG

JHMcG

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 05:41 PM

Unclear to me what you mean by that. I have a downloaded copy of Service Pack 2 for WinXP if that is what you mean.

#3 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

Thanks for your reply, I was having trouble finding a down load that did not have sneaky junk attached.   I did find an IT network version, did not think I wanted/needed that.  Being as XP is going away I wanted to find anything I might need to keep one of my old machines going, I have to many machines and time on my hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phil

#4 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 01 January 2014 - 06:09 PM

Service Pack 3 includes SP2. If you are looking for a full install disc, then if you have an XP with SP1 install disc you can slipstream SP3 into it to create an XP with SP3 install.

#5 OldPhil

OldPhil

Doppleganger

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4,152 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2014 - 07:27 PM

Service Pack 3 includes SP2. If you are looking for a full install disc, then if you have an XP with SP1 install disc you can slipstream SP3 into it to create an XP with SP3 install.

Ok have to plead DUMB, I have an ISO of SP3 on disc.  I have XP SP1 Dell recovery, I will load it up see how it does.  I am tempted to put 7 on it, I have found how to fix the video issue.  Won't be a rocket but something to play with!

#6 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 02 January 2014 - 04:44 AM

Theres a useful article on slipstreaming here - http://winsupersite.com/windows-xp/slipstreaming-windows-xp-service-pack-3-sp3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users