Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Have Apple Extream Router trying to connect external hard drive.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JCII

JCII

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:47 PM

I have windows 8.1 and use Apple Extreme Router.  Got a 1 tb seagate external hard drive.  Trying to see it through the network with the router but it is not visible.  Formatted the drive with device manager to NTFS. I can use the drive through the laptops USB but can not see it through the network when plugged into the router.  Router instructions say just plug the external HD into the router and can be used then on the network. Can not see it on the network.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpywareDoc

SpywareDoc

• Members
  • 674 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:23 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:56 PM

Do you have Bonjour installed on the Windows PC? http://www.apple.com/support/bonjour/

#3 JCII

JCII
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:23 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:13 PM

No I do not have that installed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users