Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

support help pages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 alamo55

alamo55

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hello, this is my first post. I have System Mechanic Pro protection on my computer which is a Dell. A week before Christmas I started getting what I presume is a browser hacking virus, what basically happens is that I get all the help support pages come up frequently(i.e, support pages from IE, Firefox, windows, Google Chrome, System Mechanic Pro....you get the picture....I type a suggestion into a browser and the support page comes up, i can delete it but then it comes straight back. Numerous scans have been done, all add ons and extensions disabled and re-enabled, system restore done twice, all to no avail! The scans have denoted no virus's or infections. I am at a loss as to what to do next as I think it might be in the deep part of the system. This morning(30/12/2013) I downloaded bitdefender for a free trial and the scan was taking so long(5 hours and only 40% through) that I disposed of it even though it found 123 errors which it disinfected. System Mechanic Pro seems very lethargic and I don't think it is very good.Can someone please advise me as to what to do now as I am at my wits end....Thanks!!

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum, due to the absence of any malware logs included with the topic. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 04:29 PM

Hello,  did Bitdefender complete?

What else was run?

What is your Browser?

For now....

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.

• Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.
  • Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.
  • If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.
  • If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.
  • It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.
  • If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
  • If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.

ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
[LIST]
[*]Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool[/*]
[*]Click on the Scan button.[/*]
[*]AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.[/*]
[*]After the scan has finished...
<-insert any special instructions here for what to uncheck OR remove this line if there are none->[/*]
[*]This time click on the Clean button.[/*]
[*]Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.[/*]
[*]Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.[/*]
[*]After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).[/*]
[*]Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.[/*]
[*]A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.[/*]

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users