Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having trouble running games.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Eleca

Eleca

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 03:36 PM

Im having performance issues when running most games. Ill usually drop below 30 fps when i try to run anything (even on lowest graphics, unless i change the resolution) and i'm wanting to know what i should replace. Here are my parts:

AMD FX™ 6100 Six-Core Processor ~3.3 Ghz
8192MB RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6670

I can post my DxDiag if necessary.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 synergy513

synergy513

• BC Advisor
  • 1,057 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

it seems as though your 6670  (r7 250) is the bottleneck. even though i hold that unit in esteem as a budget + composite use  resource spartan card that compliments the AMD APU well, if it comes down to gaming with a fx cpu, it is holding back your pc from its full potential.

the 7850  (r9 270?) is what is most popular that users prefer for the price/performance end result . last i checked, the low end OEM (MSI, XFX, PNY, HIS) 7850s are in the 200 USD range. if a few more bucks can be parted with, the 7870 or 7950 is within reach. i prefer Visiontek and Asus OEM GPUs myself, but other seasoned users may have their preferences also.

also note that your power supply is in the equation as well. the 6670 is the most efficient card concerning the PSU and the wattage/amperage curve climbs from there.

Moore's Law : 4d Graph in Progress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users