Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Keyboard in Windows Vista is not responding properly! Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JazzMahn

JazzMahn

• Members
  • 388 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:02 AM

I am helping a friend that has a Vista Home Premium computer that has never given her a problem until now.  She can get on to the computer and get to her desktop easily.  The problem is when she strikes the w key.  If she is in word or just typing  the letter w the computer automatically takes her to yahoo. 

I have run after updating a full scan with Malawarebytes, run Ccleaner and deleted temp files.  Also ran Microsoft Security Essentials.  None of these found any problem with her computer.

I think she may have accidentally reset her keyboard when she was typing.  There is a set of keys to the left of the keyboard (directly in line with where the keys (q,w) are positioned.)  I am wondering if she could have pressed on the shortcut to her home page and then typed a w. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dls62

dls62

• Members
  • 623 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 10:40 AM

Is there any keyboard specific software installed, such as Microsoft IntelliType?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users