Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Record from TV to PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 simondjuk

simondjuk

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 AM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:58 AM

Hi all

Is there any inexpensive way of recording from TV to PC?

At the moment I have a DVD Recorder with Hard Drive but its quite a few years old now and it records via Scart which in all honesty, means the picture quality is pretty poor.

Ive just got Netflix so the plan is to get my old PC and connect that via a DVI to HDMI cable so I can run Netflix that way on the TV rather than through the Wii.

Admittedly i dont use the Recorder frequently and i dont have Sky+.  Yes I know there a lots of catchup options now hence me not using the Recorder regularly.

Ive seen a couple of items on Ebay but im not entirely sure how they work or even if its possible to do.  This is to record from TV channels and not Netflix I must add.

Ebay items ive seen: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Video-Capture-TV-Tuner-Cards-/3761/i.html?_from=R40&_sop=2&LH_ItemCondition=1000&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=pc+tv+card&LH_PrefLoc=1

Any help and advice appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users