Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Update Killed Speakers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CoolGuyCTD

CoolGuyCTD

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 PM

Posted 30 December 2013 - 01:12 AM

I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out, but haven't found anything that works in the forum threads.

I'm running Windows Vista and I have a Logitech speaker 5.1 surround system.  It was all working just fine up until the last round of Windows Updates last Tuesday.  I've successfully done 3 system restores since then to get my speakers corrected, but then the next windows update installation kills them again.  Basically, they have twisted the signals and made my computer think that the side speakers (Right and Left) are actually the rear speakers, and isn't sending any sound to the actual rear speakers.  Also, when I test what should be the side speakers, nothing comes out.

So my Center speaker and sub work just fine, the right and left speakers play sounds sent to the rear right and left, but anything that only puts out normal stereo sound to the right and left is completely muted.  I've run dxdiag and cannot find anything wrong with the drivers.  I've re-installed the drivers, but that had no effect.  I've triple checked the connections even though I knew for a fact exactly what caused the malfunction since I successfully corrected it three times.  I don't know why the fourth time I restored to pre-update settings the sound did not come back.  Can anyone please help turn this bleeping computer back into a working computer???

I'm running:

DirectX Version 11

Win Vista Home Prem (6.0, Build 6002)

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Realtek High Definition Audio drivers

Edited by hamluis, 02 January 2014 - 05:23 PM.
Moved from Vista to External Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users