Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can it be reasonably safe to use Utorrent?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tacks

tacks

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:39 PM

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:50 PM

Hi folks,

One IT tech recommended me using torrents.  He said that using "common sense" and 'Avast' anti spyware would keep me safe.

Meanwhile another tech said that torrents are a good way to obtain malware.

Is it relatively safe to use utorrent?  or not really?

I am sure that this subject was already discussed.  Can someone direct me to where?

Or perhaps an admin could move this thread to the correct forum section?

I already searched Bleeping computer for utorrent but i didn't find anything that directly addressed my question.  All of the topics that i saw were about issues when using it.  none addressed whether or not to use it in the first place.

The Utorrents is rated highly by the editors of cnet.   So that is the one torrent program that i would first trust -- if any.

I do NOT plan on using torrents to obtain copyrighted material illegally.

i plan on using this article which directly addresses my question:

http://netforbeginners.about.com/od/scamsandidentitytheft/tp/how-to-spot-fake-torrents.htm

And i read this also:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/58821/is-utorrent-clean-too-have-on-my-computer/

And thanks again to the admins, mods and members here.  You've been a great help in the past when i had issues. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users